Car failed MOT at one garage, but passed at another! Advice?

lgch25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1.5mm is the minimum, however if it is a high milage vehicle and there is say only 1.8mm of friction material on the pad an advisory should be given.

When I said to pass the MOT I meant that for it to pass cleanly i.e. without failing or advisory. Perhaps I could have explained myself better.

how would the tester know it was a "high mileage vehicle", he may never have seen it before. also the day before he tested it, it might of been a "high mileage vehicle", but the next day it might be a "low mileage vehicle".

Its simple,, It's either a pass or a fail!!

Winkler

you can get an idea if it's high milage from the clock. If it's 100,000 miles and the car is only 5 years old it can be considered a high milage vehicle. while this isn't perfect (it may have been a reps car for 3 years cover 85,000 then sold to a little old lady who now only drives it to church) it does serve as a guide.

1.5mm is the minimum, however if it is a high milage vehicle and there is say only 1.8mm of friction material on the pad an advisory should be given.

When I said to pass the MOT I meant that for it to pass cleanly i.e. without failing or advisory. Perhaps I could have explained myself better.

The mileage has nothing to do with a mot,

I think you should give up now before you dig a bigger hole.