E&L pet insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Subbing as we need to claim from dog insurance as our XGSD has just had a tumor removed which turns out to be malignant. Confused as we were originally told that the insurance would cover us at once, then the vet said we had to pay then claim it back. I am not expecting this to be as easy as it sounds.....

Gold Lady please be extremely careful - they have strange ways of dealing with lump claims. There are hundreds of different types however they class a lump as a lump often which is not correct. Depending on the policy you have they may exclude cover for any futher lumps at renewal. Depending on the lump type depends how much treatment will be involved and the likelyhood of reoccurance. Do you know the name the vet gave you and i might be able to let you know.

Tesco for example on the standard 12 month policy deal with lump claims by type. The main claims are for lipomas which are harmless fatty lumps - some breeds are prone and overweight dogs especially so they say they cover all lipomas for 12 months max regardless of time gaps and location. The same with fibrosarcomas which are the more invasive cancer then any treatment relating to that would be linked.

Pet is quite complex and they have ways of linking conditions that shouldnt be linked.

Hope all the dogs are ok x

• Haha 1

Marvellous news!!

I have had a letter from E&L.

"I am sorry to hear you have been dissatisfied..............."

"As our position has been prejudiced by the non disclosure of a material fact at policy renewal, strictly speaking this entitles us to repudiate your claim in its entirity, however, we have no reason to believe that the breach of your policy was with malice or ill intent and therefore the decision was made to settle your claim on an ex-gratia basis for fees to date incurred as a gesture of goodwill"

Hooray!!

Thanks for everybody's help and support - I am very grateful.