Npower key not working

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

my mother in law has just had her meter changed to a key meter and has had nothing but trouble with it since.

They changed it on the 10th of december, and was told to go to a local newsagents and get a key which she did along with credit only to return home and NOTHING happened on the meter.

She has phoned Npower at lease twenty times, and been given countless numbers to take to shops to get and activate keys. none have worked.

An engineer has been and confirmed that the meter is ok. He has even checked one of the keys, and advised her that at least on of the keys was ok, and to put credit on and it would be ok.

This she did and guess what...NOTHING.

Her husband is disabled and relies on an electric chair just to be able to get up, so she is obviously worried about running out of electric, particularly at this time of the year.

Also when they took the old meter out, there was £120.00 on it.

When they installed the new one, they put £40.00 on it and explained that the rest would go on to her bill as credit. ( but it would have been a lot better as credit re-installed onto her new meter ).

This one has beat me, because although Npower have tried to help, nothing has worked.

HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS ?

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!