Global talking rubbish?

pmhcfc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Global' response to my CCA request...I've typed it word for word including the grammar errors (highlighted in red). This letter from Global is unsigned by anyone, doesn't even have a 'yours sincerely'...Appreciate any feedback regarding a possible reply from me ;-)

By the way; Global are trying to collect on behalf of the mystical company known as FV-1

Further to your recent enquiry:

When responding to requests made under Section 77 the creditor may provide you with a "true copy" of your agreement in accordance with Regulation 3 (1) of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations1983. This means that under Section 7 there is no obligation for the creditor to provide you with a copy of the original agreement bearing your signature, a "true copy" does not need to contain any personal information relating to you as the debtor nor does it need to include a signature box, any signatures or dates of signature. I trust this explains the creditor's obligations under Section 77 and is of assistance to you.

Legally the Creditor can approach the court to have the debt ratified by providing supporting evidence to prove the existence of the borrowing (eg. statements showing the proceeds of the loan being made available and the subsequent withdrawal of funds). Any expense the creditor may incur in respect of obtaining the appropriate ratification can be added to the outstanding liability.

We enclose statements and additional information provide by the bank. Please contact us on 0000000 with your payment proposals within the next 14 days.

Edited by pmhcfc

Just hate every DCA out there

The first paragraph of Global's response is almost a straight take from the response from RBS/Nat West and also HSBC. It relates to requests for "copy agreements" without which a creditor cannot enforce. However, I have yet to hear of a case [except the Rankine's case] going to Court to argue the point. By the time it gets to a Court, the creditor has to produce the agreement.

The second paragraph is new to me and is complete rubbish.

I would be tempted to write back to say you disagree on their interpretation of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 and to ask them for their authority for the statement in the second paragraph.

• Haha 1

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

beware of this trick

from arrow global (assuming this is the company in question)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/173656-strange-knock-door-arrow.html

they invent the law as they go along

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

have a read of this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/158690-marlins-arrow-global-have.html?highlight=arrow+global

for future readers needing help to defend a court case against arrow global or global arrow [this sounds much better]

see

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/136842-libra007-arrow-global-mbna.html?highlight=arrow+global

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/173748-arrow-global-appoint-weightmans.html#post1874320

on december 1st 2008 ....

& someone has done a freedom of information ............. on Arrow Global LLC/Arrow Global Ltd ( we have a thread on these 2 similar companies on this site)

-----------------------

A Freedom of Information request to Office of Fair Trading by Mixxxxxxxx Txxxxxxxx

Currently overdue a response from Office of Fair Trading. By law, the response had to be prompt but no later than 24 September 2008. They are 84 days late, you can complain by requesting an internal review.

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps