British Gas electric bill issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have just moved out of our rental home, when we moved in there was a mix up over the meter reading, they tried to make out we owed over £1000 and we had been there just over a month

They had also been billing the previous tenant at our address for £1500 and he didnt even use the property he paid up front for 6 months then his house was ready to move to so it sat empty

I spoke to the landlord he threw a bit of a wobbler saying it was nothing to do with him and BG were ****** and made the mistake

So we call BG the lady we spoke to said it looks as though it was faulty due to the high amount

they charged us for low user rate for 3 months and we paid

today 3 months later they send us a bill for 6 months usage! for £450!!!! yet on the back of the bill the charges only add up to £104? what :S

They had taken the money we had paid in August off this amount

Now Ive tried to ring but the refuse to speak to me as I am not the account holder (hubbys name is on it)

But I am just wondering has anyone heard of anything similar or any ideas as to whats happening?

thanks in advance

Edited by summer30