Mbna 'agreement' - now threat of legal action

underdog13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya underdog

just popped in, glad its going well and i will now also sub to the new thread that has been opened up

so keep positive everyone, laters guys angel x:D

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Underdog,

My TWO agreements for my ONE and ONLY MBNA card are also suspect.

Id like to add my support to your thread and case.

here is my agreement scans (post 26)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/163837-toxic-mbna-2.html

Thanks TD; no 11:) Will have a look at you thread.

I am posting my request for my CCA tomorrow, should i make the postal order payable to MBNA Europe Bank LTD....and cross it?

Count me in as well...it may take time.

What happens if they do not supply my CCA within the time limit, legally i mean.

Thanks for all the help.

Another howler I forgot to mention; on the Virgin agreement they have date stamped it (which I believe is their 'signature') a month earlier than when it was actually sent back to them.

I would think this would be sufficient to stuff them without any other issues.

I look forward to the outcome of your meeting tomorrow, Underdog.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Underdog!

I too, have been pointed in your direction by Angel (thanx Angel!).

We are still awaiting the arrival of OH's two MBNA agreements, five days now having past since their 12+2 days expired. If and when they do turn up, you can add me to your growing list - assuming they are suitably dodgy, which I'm sure they will be.

OH has received another of the DN's which seem to be popular at the mo with 23rd Feb as the statutory deadline (and with only 13 clear days to respond instead of 14).

Also, in response to our SAR request we only received a list of transactions and charges, no other paperwork and will be sending them a letter tomorrow asking for an exact copy of the original CCA, as I understand they legally have to provide.

Anyway, good luck with the solicitor and am subbing your very informative thread!

Regards,

Landy

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

I am posting my request for my CCA tomorrow, should i make the postal order payable to MBNA Europe Bank LTD....and cross it?

Count me in as well...it may take time.

What happens if they do not supply my CCA within the time limit, legally i mean.

Thanks for all the help.

You can cross it and make it payable to them, or you can leave the postal order blank for them to fill in. Tbh not much happens if they are late in responding - you can complain to trading standards if you want.

It's good to have your support, but I can't add you to the list as such at the moment - I need to tell the solicitor tomorrow how many people believe they have dodgy documents from MBNA; we don't know what you're going to get yet! Will be happy to count you in if and when you do get a response. Kindest regards :)

I would think this would be sufficient to stuff them without any other issues.

I look forward to the outcome of your meeting tomorrow, Underdog.

Thanks Cit B - I thought the same as you about their date howler, but someone else said it didn't matter! Can't see how, because surely it would change the nature of the (supposedly) pre contractual agreement?

I hope I can post up some good news for everyone tomorrow:)

Edited by underdog13
typo

Hi Underdog!

I too, have been pointed in your direction by Angel (thanx Angel!).

We are still awaiting the arrival of OH's two MBNA agreements, five days now having past since their 12+2 days expired. If and when they do turn up, you can add me to your growing list - assuming they are suitably dodgy, which I'm sure they will be.

OH has received another of the DN's which seem to be popular at the mo with 23rd Feb as the statutory deadline (and with only 13 clear days to respond instead of 14).

Also, in response to our SAR request we only received a list of transactions and charges, no other paperwork and will be sending them a letter tomorrow asking for an exact copy of the original CCA, as I understand they legally have to provide.

Anyway, good luck with the solicitor and am subbing your very informative thread!

Regards,

Landy

Thanks Landy, do let us know how you get on.:)

Don't know if I've already said, but you can count me in too, Underdog!:D

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

Has anyone joining this fight got an electronic version like me?

I am waiting to hear the legalities from another thread (solicitor looking at it)

I want to join this fight:D

If you feel I have helped please tickle my scales;)

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

Has anyone joining this fight got an electronic version like me?

I am waiting to hear the legalities from another thread (solicitor looking at it)

I want to join this fight:D

Mine was a mailer application form that was (alledgedly) doctored. I'm afraid I don't know too much about electronic versions, Talbot, but I believe the way of verifying them is to check the IP address in use at the time. It would seem the creditor often mistates this.

Edited by underdog13
typo

Hey underdog:)

What time's your meeting?

Lexis:)

Hi Lexis,

Haven't got a set time, the solicitor said he would contact me some time today. Bit surprised not to have heard anything yet, but it is Monday morning; not the best time of the week!;)

If this company don't turn out to meet my needs, the original solicitor who refered me to them has said he will find me another company who do. The original solicitor I contacted is very interested in my case and has been pretty supportive; think he passed it on because the CCA is not his area of expertise.

Hoping I can post up something positive for you all soon:)

Just a quick question, does it matter when the card was opened to be sending in a CCA request? My MBNA interest just went up to 34.9% after the 0% transfer period, and its time a jumped on the band wagon! My card was opened around April 2007. Please advise.

I believe s127 was repealed some time in April 2007, Jayjay - sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Think later cards are more likely to have a proper agreement; but you never know, they may have lost it! It's amazing how sloppy they can be sometimes. Worth sending a CCA request, just to be sure.

Sorry to keep you in suspense folks; solicitor didn't contact me today! They are pretty swamped at the moment (I wonder why?:rolleyes:); I'll give them a few days and if there's no joy I'll take it to another company. I'm not giving up on this. Original refering solicitor is still keen.

Apologies for not posting this earlier - been a bit distracted: had an aggressive doorstep collector hammering on my door tonight, despite sending them a letter withdrawing their permission to visit. So livid I'm still shaking and will be refering this to the solicitor also.:-x

hiya underdog

i hope you are feeling a bit calmer after such a horrid debt collector, i cant believe that happened especially after you sent the letter,

i would also report it to oft, but certainly a strong worded letter to your creditor as a MAjor Complaint,

i hope you are feeling a bit better big hugs your way,,,,,,

and catch up laters take care angel x;)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hiya underdog

i hope you are feeling a bit calmer after such a horrid debt collector, i cant believe that happened especially after you sent the letter,

i would also report it to oft, but certainly a strong worded letter to your creditor as a MAjor Complaint,

i hope you are feeling a bit better big hugs your way,,,,,,

and catch up laters take care angel x;)

Thanks Angel,

appreciate your kind words.

I'm begining to calm down, but still shaking slightly. I'm quiet, laid back and easy going normally, but if someone pushes me far enough I have a volcanic temper - it's true, quiet ones really are the worst!

Their leech was a real thug; probably just got out of prison and that is the only employment the pathetic parasite can get. I say employment; it's not even that - the company was recruiting in the local paper recently. The 'position' was unwaged! Commission only basis! How sad have you got to be to stoop to that? What a waste of space they are. I'm embarrassed and ashamed about getting into debt, but I have never made money from exploiting other people and attempting to intimidate them; I'd literally rather starve.

On top of formal complaints to Cred and their agent, will go to TS, OFT, my MP and ask the lawyer about a harrassment case. I want more than a pound of flesh from this lowlife; hmmm, what did I say about calming down? Guess that's going to take a while....

hey underdog,

that is very understandable, interesting im reading the oft debt collection guidance info that was sent to me by nationaldebtline and under the

Debt collection visits bit

section f is "visiting or threatening to visit debtors without prior agreement when the debt is deadlocked or disputed"

also under the Physical/psychological harassment bit

section g - makeing threatening statements or gestures or taking actions which suggest harm to debtors

when i spoke with nationaldebline they were really hot on the topics of this kind of behaviour

ive had leaflets from them, but im sure all the info is here on the site and you maybe already have the info, just so that you can quote stuff from it i was thinking when you do make those complaints

yes im a bit gobby and really friendly person but when i get angry, im a tenacious gal, and i will hook horns with anyone and this is the fight in me that drives me to get things done in the proper and legal manner

keep positive okay

laters angel x:)

Hiya Underdog,

If you have no joy with the solicitor may i suggest the law society they maybe able to find you one specializing in consumer law.

Ill post there website below as it may be worth a read and give you a few pointers.

The Law Society - Home

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Sorry you've had that underdog. Did you just tell him to feck off or did you threaten police involvement or anything?

Unfortunately a family member answered the door. (I'd just got out of the shower and didn't fancy going to the door in a towel!:oops:). I told them not to answer the door, but they did! They told him to leave and gave him a copy of the trespass letter.

God, what an evening! Naked, soaking wet and an agressive thug trying to break down your door - think that's the definiton of vulnerable, lol. Could have been worse I guess, at least the house wasn't on fire:razz:

To cap it all, we had link phoning up this afternoon for an ex-husband, divorced 10 years ago, dead for 4 years and never residing at this address!!! They can take a running jump; I've got enough debts of my own, I'm not taking on anyone else's.