misuse of personal data? who cares?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cars are cheaper in England than Northern Ireland and many of the English lenders do not lend in NI so when I choose my new (2nd hand car) on line I also arranged for my existing provider to secure the finance.

I faxed my personal details & finance account details along with the contact name etc to the garage for them to communicate with Lombard to finalise the figures.

This was on 15th July.

On 19th July I was declined for a loan I had applied for so I took a look at my credit files on line.

I had 11 searches between the two files all from car finance brokers and all but one to lenders who would never accept me as they dont lend in NI.

All of the searches had dubious information about me, wrong date of births, wrong first name, mis spelt names and incorrect length of time at address.

The brokers had obviously made up details.

I called the garage who denied passing my details to anyone. (said they didnt use brokers)

Equifax & Experian take forever to sort out disputes so I started phoning around the lenders and explaining what had happened.

I had to send written confirmation of no consent given and a copy of the date stamped fax that I had sent the garage before any searches would be removed.

All the lenders involved with the exception of Capital Bank are in the process of removing searches.

I also confirmed that every single search was instructed by the garage ( not sure if I should mention the name or not)

On speaking with Lombard yesterday they confirmed that they had had no contact from the garage. Maybe as there was no commission in it for them.

I need suggestions as to what action I can take against this company if any.

I have checked and they do hold a Consumer Credit License however The OFT told me yesterday there was nothing they could do.

Is this another one for Information Commissioners Office? I would prefer something quicker!

Suggestions please. My blood is still boiling - I spent an entire day chasing this matter and trying to get it cleared and still have more to do. I was declined for a loan which I was sure I would get, my credit files could have remained in that state for quite a length of time unknown to me and with all the conflicting information may even have looked as potential fraud or ID theft.

Sorry for long post - kept it as short as poss.

Cat

Cars are cheaper in England than Northern Ireland and many of the English lenders do not lend in NI so when I choose my new (2nd hand car) on line I also arranged for my existing provider to secure the finance.

I faxed my personal details & finance account details along with the contact name etc to the garage for them to communicate with Lombard to finalise the figures.

This was on 15th July.

On 19th July I was declined for a loan I had applied for so I took a look at my credit files on line.

I had 11 searches between the two files all from car finance brokers and all but one to lenders who would never accept me as they dont lend in NI.

All of the searches had dubious information about me, wrong date of births, wrong first name, mis spelt names and incorrect length of time at address.

The brokers had obviously made up details.

I called the garage who denied passing my details to anyone. (said they didnt use brokers)

Equifax & Experian take forever to sort out disputes so I started phoning around the lenders and explaining what had happened.

I had to send written confirmation of no consent given and a copy of the date stamped fax that I had sent the garage before any searches would be removed.

All the lenders involved with the exception of Capital Bank are in the process of removing searches.

I also confirmed that every single search was instructed by the garage ( not sure if I should mention the name or not)

On speaking with Lombard yesterday they confirmed that they had had no contact from the garage. Maybe as there was no commission in it for them.

I need suggestions as to what action I can take against this company if any.

I have checked and they do hold a Consumer Credit License however The OFT told me yesterday there was nothing they could do.

Is this another one for Information Commissioners Office? I would prefer something quicker!

Suggestions please. My blood is still boiling - I spent an entire day chasing this matter and trying to get it cleared and still have more to do. I was declined for a loan which I was sure I would get, my credit files could have remained in that state for quite a length of time unknown to me and with all the conflicting information may even have looked as potential fraud or ID theft.

Sorry for long post - kept it as short as poss.

Cat

Complain (bitterly) to Trading Standards with a copy to the OFT (for all the good it'll do)

happened me, went to garage to get hp, the garage must have tried every lender.The garage was on commision and tried very hard to get me credit but i dint authorise them to try bout 10 lenders. sorted it out by sending letter 'unauthorised credit enquiry' and most deleted their search

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404