First Post / Wescot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5635 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to all, first post so be gentle. Hoping you helpful lot can geive me some advice.

Needing some information regarding Wescot.

Received a letter from Wescot a couple of weeks back addressed to someone with the same surname as myself but a different first name. Although both first names begin with an S. This related to a Digibill debt which is definitely not mine.

Sent a letter back which i found here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ml#post1358797

Received a reply addressed to Mr S ***** and not any full first name. The letter stated that my letter was being dealt with the 'Process and Compliance Team' Anyone know what will happen next?

On the same day i received another letter relating to a Sky Subscription bill addressed to Mr S ***** which i sent back saying 'not at this address'

What are they up to? Are they trying to skin me for the debt as both first names begin with the same letter?

Where do i stand and can anyone give any advice as to what i should do next?

This sounds like they are phishing. Just mark on any future letters not known at this address. I would also check your credit file to make sure they haven't registered anything against you that shouldn't be there.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.