Yorkshire Bank Visa - Agreement or App form?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope this is not too late for you, sorry for not spotting this thread earlier.

pt2537 gave me some good advice in a similar situation here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/yorkshire-bank-clydesdale-bank/123559-yb-threatening-default-cc.html

brilliant and thank you - PT as well!! I will adapt it and get it sent off!!

brilliant and thank you - PT as well!! I will adapt it and get it sent off!!

sent off letter today - thanks - default dated 06/03/09 - received 12/03/09 - giving me til BEFORE 23rd March - is it valid???

It really depends on if their "GB c9 10034" license is first or 2nd class on the dates.

If their license is 1st class then i calculate that the 6th + 2 days + 14 days = 22nd so allow +1 day as the 22nd was a Sunday = 23rd :sad:

If it's 2nd class mail, they they are a day short using 6th + 4 + 14 = 24th.

I have emailed Royal Mail and asked if they can tell me if the license number you quoted is 1st or 2nd class. We'll see if they replay to me.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

It really depends on if their "GB c9 10034" license is first or 2nd class on the dates.

If their license is 1st class then i calculate that the 6th + 2 days + 14 days = 22nd so allow +1 day as the 22nd was a Sunday = 23rd :sad:

I have emailed Royal Mail and asked if they can tell me if the license number you quoted is 1st or 2nd class. We'll see if they replay to me.

thanks - I have written to them using letter you pointed out as they have not sent proper documentation - however I don't believe letter was sent on 6th as I did not receive it until 12th - six days for first class - I don't think so - I tried looking on royal mail website but could only find info on licences.

thanks again

They said...

"Thank you for your email.

From 1 January 2006, Royal Mail no longer has the monopoly on collecting and delivering mail.

From the information you have given in your email you would need to contact the senders directly to determine the service used. I can confirm however that is it not a Royal Mail service.

Regards"

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

I also asked in another message about the orange barcodes. They said...

"Thank you for your email regarding the orange barcodes which mark some envelopes during sortage.

Unfortunately, we have no current technical facility that allows customers to decode these. I am sorry I could not provide you with a more helpful response.

Regards"

I also asked in another message about the orange barcodes. They said...

"Thank you for your email regarding the orange barcodes which mark some envelopes during sortage.

Unfortunately, we have no current technical facility that allows customers to decode these. I am sorry I could not provide you with a more helpful response.

Regards"

thanks for trying - I am awaiting a response from them regarding the "agreement" they sent in the post

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if the agreement is unenforceable as the regulations requiring the prescribed terms came into force on the 19th May 1985, unless of course the regs are retrospective...anyone?

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Application form and no prescribed terms.....unenforceable in my opinion...

Help!! - after DN - sent letter of dispute etc. Have now received a nast letter from Sutcliffes Solicitors (YB in house debt collection?) threatening court. Says may make attachment of earnings, may be difficult to sell property, home visit etc???? I really don't think they have sent me a copy of a decent agreement and am unsure of next step or letter - thanks

Help!! - after DN - sent letter of dispute etc. Have now received a nast letter from Sutcliffes Solicitors (YB in house debt collection?) threatening court. Says may make attachment of earnings, may be difficult to sell property, home visit etc???? I really don't think they have sent me a copy of a decent agreement and am unsure of next step or letter - thanks

bump

• 1 year later...