Ebay Fees

geministar2007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was not sure where to post this?....

I listed a car for sale on ebay the reserve was set for £75, it was merely a do up job.

However i retracted the item as the car was bought through another source.

I had my ebay invoice which states the listing fees for the item was £11.99. This seems a little steep for a basic advert, no photos!

I questionned ebay and they said this is the cost of listing the car.

Its not that i am not willing to pay my fees, i just feel 11.99 is taking the mick. For an item that would have had no final value fee as it did not sell!

Makes me think twice about even using ebay in the future.

Any thoughts?...... Thanks :-)

When you list items on ebay there are two fees to pay. The insertion or listing fees simply for listing the item and a final value fee if it sells.

Regardless of whether the item sold on ebay or not you are liable for the listing fees and these would have been advised to you before you listed the item

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

Hi there

Yes, Used to have 4 shops on Ebay its quiet expensive to list items on there. As davethorp says there are two fees, a listing fee, a final fee if item is sold and if the item is sold through Paypay there's also a fee there as well. The fee they have charged you is probably there standard car fees, they would of told you the fees before you submitted your item.

Gaz

• 4 weeks later...

eBay are becoming a total joke.

I purchased a 2007 car via eBay only to discover the car needed major work after it had been involved in an accident and put back on the road with 3 pages worth of faults including serious safety problems. I had arranged to meet the so called private seller at his house but at the last moment I took his offer up to meet him at a retail park since I did not know the area.

The car didn’t make it home and it turned out I was given a bogus address and so asked eBay for contact details only to be given half an address and a fake phone number so I stared digging around and soon discovered this person had no less than eight eBay accounts with many closed down after eBay members had been conned by this motor dealer.

Now I suspect eBay are more than able to track IP addresses and bank details than I am and to me all they seem to care about is their sales fees and that’s why they keep letting persistent offenders re-register new accounts to hide previous bad exposure and how come I could track this person between various accounts and eBay were unable to do so.

Moving along I finally got the Trading standards to take the case on and they have been left waiting three weeks by Ebay for details of the various accounts used by this person as they are inundated with such calls.

In an effort to track this person I produce some software that scans eBay web pages and pulls out contact details like phone numbers and I soon discovered many hundreds of thousands of eBay accounts that are private are in fact being used to sell several motors a month which makes those people involved quite suspicious indeed and yet once again eBay pretended they are unaware of this activity.

Don’t take my word for it you can see the results at http://www.Ebuster.co.uk which lists cars from eBay together with technical specs and a list of other cars the seller has sold in the past. GoofBay.com is quite similar but tracks all eBay items.

During the development of the software I soon discovered many eBay pages were not as they appeared and had suffered from Javascript injection because eBay have failed to protected against such attacks despite it being first year ‘IT’ student stuff to protect against and so I pointed these pages out to eBay where the users is presented with a page that looks like it’s a eBay page and asked to contact the person selling the car via email and yet eBay have failed to remedy this leak which leads me to the conclusion that they are not so much unable to remedy the problem but are in some way involved in this activity.

Anyone that has been caught out by such a [problem] in recent weeks need only contact me and I will provide them with evidence that eBay has been made aware of the situation and have failed to act in the interests of the public on a mammoth scale.

I’m sure some people that are reading this don’t feel that eBay could be so bad but before you become entranced in that way of thinking I recommend reading http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/24/ebay_shill_lawsuit/ and then see how much software is available to combat this illegal practice.

My final bit of advise if you have trouble with eBay is not to contact eBay as the first thing they do is hide the evidence by removing the pages and then have the cheek to suggest that deal was struck outside of eBay and in my case the persist in sending emails in a foreign language despite me informing them on many occasions that I’m English and can not read what they are saying.