Mark v Marks and Spencer.

mark863
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just out of interest, what's a personal reserve? Is it just a nicer way of saying you're overdrawn?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Just out of interest, what's a personal reserve? Is it just a nicer way of saying you're overdrawn?

personal reserve was a credit account were they gave you a cheque book instead of plastic...personal debt more like!!

• 3 weeks later...

DPA s7(3)

(3) A data controller is not obliged to comply with a request under this section unless he is supplied with such information as he may reasonably require in order to satisfy himself as to the identity of the person making the request and to locate the information which that person seeks.

I assume that they have been quite happy to previously send account information to your address, in which case they cannot plead that they are unsure of your identity. No signature is required to prove your identity although if they have previously sent me a threatening letter about one of the accounts I'm quite happy to send that as proof of my I.D.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I assume that they have been quite happy to previously send account information to your address, in which case they cannot plead that they are unsure of your identity. No signature is required to prove your identity although if they have previously sent me a threatening letter about one of the accounts I'm quite happy to send that as proof of my I.D.

Oh yes....they did not require a signature to send a new pin number!!

No. It means they are being obstructive in not carrying out your request.

Oh yes....they did not require a signature to send a new pin number!!
You may wish to inform them of that and also point out to them that if they fail to supply the information after the 40 days are up you will seek a court order to force compliance with your Subject Access Request.

• 2 months later...

hiya mark and all

how have you got on, im thinking of sending my sars now as the cca is inlegible anyway but will do that letter inlegible also in a seperate envelope.

just wondering have you got any info back as surely the 40 days are up now

im thinking of doing a court order too for my ge thread but still trying to grasp what i need to do

thought id follow your thread and give you a bit of support too

hope you have had some good news in the meantime

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• 2 weeks later...

hiya mark just to let you know i sent a dispute inlegible letter to ms and well that its unenforceable, lets see what i get back..laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hiya mark

any news that you can update us with pls?

their solicitors have now surfaced,,,hmmm,,, am reading up on lots of threads

laters angel x

• 1 month later...

Thread moved to the newly opened M&S forum:grin:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D