Bank charges shock

gem24
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have just found out that my wife(separated) has been getting stung for about £200 a month by her bank, from at least jan/feb 08, and possibly earlier. The total charges over the past year are building up towards £4000. She earns less than £6000 per year part time???. They are charging her £15/20 per day on their own charges which put her in a spiral of debt.

She has come to me in desperation. In the summer she was helped to ask for charge statements and recieved them, then she sent a letter asking for the money. The bank said that the claims were on hold or something, and refused her request. They even refused when she was helped to ask for her money back due to financial distress, they just continued to whack her with charges.

Looking through her statements just now, she is getting hammered by them. I know you people can advise the best way she goes about things from here. They have taken nearly all her wages in charges over the past year, putting her massively in debt. Can anyone help please, Tom.

Edited by gem24
spelling mistakes

She was helped to get the statements with all the charges in the Summer which were approx £2250. She sent the first letter but they rejected her claim saying the court process was on hold, she then was hepled to send a letter of hardship(no spreadsheet of accounts provided by her) to which they replied that they were sorry, but until the court process was finalised, they could not help.