1st credit default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, just wondering if you can help.

I have a default on my Equifax credit file that appeared this week from 1st Credit.

It's says I defaulted in June 2005, and it was last updated July 2006.

It's possibly something to do with my previous address, but somehow they've put the default on my new address. Is this allowed?

Can 1st credit purchase a debt from my old address, then give me a defaults on my new address??

• 2 months later...

With regard to your question Fox, CCA's only cover credit products, however they should provide a notice of assignment (you will never see a deed of assignment (unless fraud is suspected)) as that is a business document that is created between the original creditor and the debt collection agency. You can reclaim all the excessive charges back, but the default note should be correct (in it's prescribed form), however if the debt is made up of a substantial amount of charges this could bring the default note into question.

This will give you some more information on overdrafts and the CCA -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/94575-cca-overdrafts-final-word-2.html