Egg PPI loan and credit card ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello Pinknico,

not sure if this will be of any use but it may give you some hope:)

Egg fined £721,000 and will compensate PPI customers

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello aa, is the title "site team " new???

Thanks for the info, hope this will lean the adjudicator in my favour!

Any opinion I give is my own and given without

any liability.

Hello Pinknico,

Hello aa, is the title "site team " new??? About a week new:eek:

Thanks for the info, hope this will lean the adjudicator in my favour!

If I find an more Egg stuff I will post.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

"Hello aa, is the title "site team " new??? About a week new:shock:"

Sorry aa not been around much, brilliant news!!

any liability.

Hello pinknico,

Sorry aa not been around much, brilliant news!!

Thank you, I am though still learning. I will try and keep up with the support to the PPI forum. It has been a case of on the job learning and PPI is a huge issue and complaints are on the increase.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

you will be and are fabulous aa. xx

Have to be careful about site rules :confused:

Thanks again:-D

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 2 months later...

Just to let you know that my egg loan complaint is now with an adjudicator, so will let you know what they say.

any liability.

as promised some time ago more information on egg Agreements. As you are allocated an adjudicator probably too late but if the FOS do not uphold your complaint (Unlikely) and you have to proceed to Court this could be very useful...

Egg Credit Agreements-what do i think is wrong with them

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 3 weeks later...

Had a letter from the FOS today upholding my complaint on the Egg loan 2004 (CONFIRMED PPI PRE SELECTED ONLINE IN THAT YEAR)

Egg are requested to pay back the ppi plus interest plus 8% and compensation.

Not celebrating yet, Egg could disagree and an Ombudsman have to get involved. xx

any liability.

Had a letter from the FOS today upholding my complaint on the Egg loan 2004 (CONFIRMED PPI PRE SELECTED ONLINE IN THAT YEAR)

Not celebrating yet, Egg could disagree and an Ombudsman have to get involved. xx

Fingers crossed for a complete success:D

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Thats a bit of good news! I applied on-line in Jan 2004 and Egg rejected my complaint so I sent it to the FOS in Feb this year, just waiting for an adjudicator now.

Hope they don't drag their heels in responding to the adjudicators recommendations.

Good luck, hope you have a speedy refund!!

Wow, that's an amazing result!!! (we hope)

I find it strange that Egg have not been forced to refund EVERYONE who purchased PPI online in 2004. How are we meant to know when they did and did not pre-tick the boxes?

We have already seen Egg fined for mis-selling over the phone, so why hasn't there been an investigation and/or fine for the online sales as well?

Egg have categorically stated to my friend in writing that the box was NOT pre-ticked for PPI on credit cards in 2002. That case is also with the FOS, so I'm looking forward to finding out if they were telling the truth.

Hello MC, the adjudicator said when I took out the loan on line I was asked how much I wanted to borrow and what monthly payments I wanted to make, the monthly payments had PPI on and I would have had to opt out as Yes is pre selected and I could have missed this.

Also single premium policy is a no no!

any liability.

Hello MC, the adjudicator said when I took out the loan on line I was asked how much I wanted to borrow and what monthly payments I wanted to make, the monthly payments had PPI on and I would have had to opt out as Yes is pre selected and I could have missed this.

Also single premium policy is a no no!

so is this good news for you if the opt out is pre selected and you missed it then it has to be good news for your claim:D

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 4 weeks later...

keep us posted on the progress :)

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from