AA99 v Capital One

AA99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was still in bed this morning suffering from ghastly dental surgery yesterday, when my OH answered the door to a Debitas DC. She happened to be a very smart bit of blonde hot-totty driving a silver Mercedes:???: She asked him to confirm his phone number and that's as far as they got before I started bellowing Tell her to go AWAY !:mad:

This was post #34 in this thread! Seen off Debitas, Power2Contact, but it is CapQuest that have come up with an original signature.......:(

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was post #34 in this thread! Seen off Debitas, Power2Contact, but it is CapQuest that have come up with an original signature.......:(

AA,

Just because it bears your signature doesnt make it enforceable, its like almost every other C1 'agreement' on the forum.

well if the thought of personal callers does not phase you...

inviting them in for a cup of tea or coffee will REALLY unsettle them

as you tell them you're not prepared to talk about the case BUT youre lonely and want someone to talk to about your medical problems!!

Excellent:D

It's the same idea as Derren Brown's way of stopping people sitting next to you on public transport. Don't put bags/coats etc on seats as people can ask you to move them. Instead, if someone comes up to you just give them a great big smile and pat the seat. You won't see them for dust.

Of course if it backfires and they do sit down you've got real problems as they're obviously a complete nut job:D

AA - I agree with beachy; just because it has your name on it doesn't make it enforceable. It just means they know who the useless bit of paper belongs to;)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Loving it you guys:DReassuring you're out there:D

However, capQuest (I never know where to put the capital letter! Oh, don't tempt me) have given me till 27 June to respond to their LBA. :confused: Nicest letter wins 1st Prize :D:D:D

Edited by AA99
no signature.....???
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

2 Letters today, in the same envelope:shock:, from Crap1 giving notice of assignment to Lowell, and letter from Lowell confirming they've bought it:shock: Don't know who posted it:grin:

I agree Ben,

AA99, If you now send a 'Account in Dispute' letter to Lowell's, along with a copy of Bryan Carter's letter you will find the next down in the food chain will be McHell or Red.

This is not about you anymore, it's a tax dodge. Who can write what off against who and write down the price they have paid for the 'dept' against tax.

Chin up Girl, your winning, slowly !!

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you guys :D

What about 40 recorded calls in 2 months:-?:-?:-?

Cap1 were sent in January 2009, CCA request, LBA, and rejection of paltry refund of £20-£12 charges:confused:

Surely an 'Account in Dispute' letter will not be strong enough, they know that already! I am happy to sue them for everything and more:mad:

Any takers?

Oct 08 - Cap1 acknowledged I&E form from me with offer to repay £20p.m.

Nov 08 - Power2Contact threats

Dec 08 - FPC Debt Collectors threats

Feb 09 - Freds threats

Mar 09 - ICO advised

Apr 09 - Bryan Carter threats

Oct 09 - Lowells

It's a bit b*****y much isn't it:eek:

Edited by AA99
spelling

Yes, it is a bit much, thats the nature of the beast.

Now Bryan Carter is out of the frame, this is down to the Leeds lot, until it is past back to Cap1. They will pass it from desk to desk (after all, their all in the same office) hoping you will pay up, and as they become more desperate, so their threats will increase.

Ben, if your still about, what do you think ??

Lex

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I would go with Ben's call, every time. He's my hero as far as DCA's are involved. In particular, now this lot are involved.

Lex.

&

I would go with Ben's call, every time. He's my hero as far as DCA's are involved. In particular, now this lot are involved.

Lex.

I'll 2nd that :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi AA99,

Received the same 2xletters in one envelope today as well.

What got me confused though, was they said they sold it to Lowells in January but in May I had Capquest chasing me for it on behalf of Cap1..

If they had sold it, why would they be instructing someone else to collect on it??...

Also, in their SAR response they sent me copies of 2 agreements with different dates on, none of the prescribed terms were on the front page with the signatures, but they were on the reverse of the copy.

Does this make it enforceable?

Am thinking the same course of action as your looking into is appropriate, what do you think?

Regards

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Yes GhostDebt! Both mine also state sold on 10 Jan 09 but if you look at my sequence of events and various DCA's handling things:

Oct 08 - Cap1 acknowledged I&E form from me with offer to repay £20p.m.

Nov 08 - Power2Contact threats

Dec 08 - FPC Debt Collectors threats

Feb 09 - Freds threats

Mar 09 - Information Commissioners Office advised

Apr 09 - Bryan Carter threats

Oct 09 - Lowells

Just who the feck are we meant to be dealing with here. What a bunch of illegal operators this lot are!!!!!!!

Wish I knew too, I just keep sending the bemused/dispute letter for the time being as dealing with others as well.

Any idea on if the agreement is ok, if the signature is on the front and the prescribed terms on the back?

CCA request only produced T&C's and generic docs, but the SAR had agreements in it, so can I still dispute it?

Many thanks

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.