Getting MY furniture back

nedjma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

don't where to post this so putting it here. My ex is keeping my furniture. He fully admits that this is my property and he is keeping it out of spite and nastiness, he has lied to his solicitor about this though. I have the receipts to prove I bought it. For other itmes I have sworn statements from witnesses who attest that the property was given to me exclusively and not to my ex. I didn't live with him when the property was either bought or given to me. We lived together for about a year with my furniture. I also inherited some of it after my mam's death from her estate. She didn't leave a will but my dad made a will after she died saying that all of the properties jointly owned by my parents while my mam was alive are to pass to me and my brother and remain in our possesion. So basically he can't keep any of this stuff right? I mean I have proof of purchase for some items and others would be covered by the will dad made?

My ex is also alledging that my landlords furniture are his and I stole them from him. I rent my flat fully furnished so this is laughable. He states he ellected not to pursue recovery action as he considers this property he alledges I took from to be full and final payment for my furniture which he is keeping illegaly. Except the problem is I didn't take anything from him. He is trying to say I took his furniture from him but the furniture in my property is my landlords. He can't do that.

His solicitor is an imbecile who has advised him that it is illegal for me to apply to a court to reposses my furniture when I have the receipts proving that I bought it and I inherited some of it from a will. I mean it is legally mine.

Help please

Have you been to a solicitor for a "free half hour exploratory discussion" of your case - I don't know where you are but round here that's the general thing to do - then if there's anything to be done you can do it - funds permitting.

I'm only saying this in case no one comes back with a definite answer

Yes I'v been to see a solicitor but it is very frustrating trying to get in contact with him as he is very busy. I think he is now looking at getting legal aid to cover the case if it will as the cost of the furniture my ex is trying to dispute is reasonably low about £500 or perhaps £600 at most. My ex says I took some of his possesions which is bull. My landlord will provide a legal statement saying I do not have any possesions or belongings from my ex and that the only property I have is my own ie: ladies things, clothing, ornaments, footwear, jewellery, etc and that there are no male possesions here. I also have a tenacy agreement stating that my flat is fully furnished and rented like so with a list of my landlords possesions. However my ex waffles he can reposses these and take recovery action to get my lanlords furniture handed over to him. Baloney. That would be fraud. I am my landlords tenant and I couldn't take recovery action against my landlord if I left here or was evicted! The other items he is claiming are his are covered by a will. These are part of my legal inheritance from my dead mam's estate. After her death my dad drew up a will stating that all possesions and belongings jointly owned by my parents and gifted to his children are to go exclusively to us and to no one else. The things covered by the will and being illegally kept by my ex are two matching chests of drawers, a bookcase and a wall shelf. These were exclusively gifted to me by my mam while she was alive and were in here home, I moved them to my exs flat for a short time while we lived together but they are covered by my inheritance. My bed also is as me and dad bought it jointly between us for my sole use at the flat as it's only occupant at the time. Other items not covered by the will were given to me and me only as gifts by my uncle and my brothers ex wife. My ex doesn't have a leg to stand on as this property is legally mine. Can anyone advise further?