C.I.T.B Levy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Tawny,

not yet they still have a couple of weeks to put in there defence;)

Barclays claiming £5269.63

LBA sent 17/05/2006

money claim filed 31/05/2006

court date 8th September 2pm

offered full refund 1st Sep

:D money credited to account :D

2nd September

:) Help this site to keep going please donate by clicking the button:)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If they dont put there defence in you can get judgement by deafult adding interest and any other charges u have incured like bus journey P+p etc.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi Godmother i have just checked and they have until the 14th may but will keep that in mind ty:)

LBA sent 17/05/2006

2nd September

just checked mcol and looks like they have put there defence in as it is now being sent to another court:(

LBA sent 17/05/2006

2nd September

You can applie for it to stay at your local court. Ur a LIP and dont have acess to the solicitors etc they have.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thank you Godmother will keep you informed. still havent received anything from the court yet

LBA sent 17/05/2006

2nd September

OK then.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

received the small claims tract allocation questionnaire yesterday:eek:

(he is saying that he disputes it all)

LBA sent 17/05/2006

2nd September

Hi Tawnyowl,

Im sure your right just seems very odd that they had a break-in and all that was taken was the C.I.T.B signatures lol lol:p

LBA sent 17/05/2006

2nd September

Oh yes very strange its almost like he is trying to get out of giving your husband and you the money back.

Is it only your husbands signature they took or all of the contractors signatures?

He said all of them.........but i was told earlier by one of the (sacked) directors that they were kept in a file and never in the safe and on a disc as a back up:|

LBA sent 17/05/2006

2nd September

Oh well maybe you could call the sacked director as a witness.

Maybe you should ask if the disc was also stolen and for a copy of the police case number and if they filed with the insurance company.

I cant call the director as a witness because he was sacked and thats a bit strange as hes the one that knew my oh never signed anything (the plot thickens:-x lol i have got a crime number but considering our details ie bank, address and others were stolen we were never informed one of the other workers told us.

oh and yes the disc was stolen could have taken the petty cash box or other peoples details..........but no took the disc lol

Edited by maisielou
unfinished

LBA sent 17/05/2006

2nd September

why cant u call the director? the fact he has info that says different to the boss is vital.

This seems to strange they took a disc containing bank details and private details of employees and a folder containing the signatures of all the employees saying they give permission for the levy to be taken out but they fail to take anything else. I personally would have taken things of value like tvs, cash, computers etc.

My gut feeling is he is lying about summing and trust me i think it amounts to some type of fraud.

I would be asking to speak to the police officer regarding the breakin just to say your a bit concerned as you have heard rumors personal details of the clients and employees have gone missing these included bank details and signatures the boss is refusing to talk to the employees about it and your worried for the saftey of your property and your bank details and asking if they can confirm to you that the disc did go missing. Obviously they might not be able to tell u anything but if u sound concerned enough and worried about personal saftey enought, a few tears help, he might help u.

Edited by The GodMother

• 2 weeks later...

received this today

scan0001.jpg

2.jpg

LBA sent 17/05/2006

2nd September

maise i cant read it can u upload it into photobucket

not sure how to whatever i do when i attatch it it comes out small?

LBA sent 17/05/2006

2nd September

heres what it said

District judge Collier has considered the statements of the case and allocation questionnaires filed and allocated the claim to the small claims tract.

the hearing will take place on 9 sep at ********* and should take no longer than i hour 30 minutes. a hearing fee of £300 is payable by 18 june by the claimant unless you make an application for a fee concession. failure to pay the fee will result in the hearing being removed from the list.

the court must be informed immediately if the case is settled by agreement before the hearing date.

the hearing fee will be refunded in full if the court receives in writing at least 7 days before the hearing date, that the case is settled or discontinued.

FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE DIRECTIONS BELOW MAY RESULT IN THE CASE BEING ADJOURNED AND IN THE PARTY AT FAULT HAVING TO PAY THE COSTS.

to prepare for the hearing IT IS ORDERED THAT;

each party must deliver to every otherparty and to the court office copies of all documents on which they intend to rely at the hearing.

must include:

1. any written contract

agendas and/or memorandum of meetings,

transcript of case referred to in the defence,

any other legal authorities,

invoices for work done or goods supplied,

witness statements (see para 2 below)

the documents must be brought to the hearing

2. signed statementssetting out the evidence of all witnesses on whom each party intends to rely must be prepared and include in the documents referred to at para 1 above. this includes the evidence of the parties themselves and any of the witnesses.

3. the claimant must allow the defendant to inspect documents by appointment within 7 days of receiving a written request from the defendant to do so.

4. the defendant must allow the claimant to inspect documents by appointment within 7 days of receiving a written request from the claiment to do so.

5. no party may rely at the hearing on any report from an expert unless permission has been granted beforehand. any one wishing to rely on a expert must write to the court immediately on receipt of this order and seek permission, giving an explanation why the assistance of an expert is neccessary.

6. the parties must note that the judge may decide not to take into account a document or the evidence of a witness if no copy of that document or copy of a statement or report by that witness has been delivered to the other party or has not been copied to or otherwise seen by the other party or if these directions have otherwise not been complied with

LBA sent 17/05/2006

2nd September

heres what it said

District judge Collier has considered the statements of the case and allocation questionnaires filed and allocated the claim to the small claims tract.

the hearing will take place on 9 sep at ********* and should take no longer than i hour 30 minutes. a hearing fee of £300 is payable by 18 june by the claimant unless you make an application for a fee concession. failure to pay the fee will result in the hearing being removed from the list.

the court must be informed immediately if the case is settled by agreement before the hearing date.

the hearing fee will be refunded in full if the court receives in writing at least 7 days before the hearing date, that the case is settled or discontinued.

FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE DIRECTIONS BELOW MAY RESULT IN THE CASE BEING ADJOURNED AND IN THE PARTY AT FAULT HAVING TO PAY THE COSTS.

to prepare for the hearing IT IS ORDERED THAT;

each party must deliver to every otherparty and to the court office copies of all documents on which they intend to rely at the hearing.

must include:

1. any written contract

agendas and/or memorandum of meetings,

transcript of case referred to in the defence,

any other legal authorities,

invoices for work done or goods supplied,

witness statements (see para 2 below)

the documents must be brought to the hearing Thats good as u may be able to get telephone convos if they record the calls.

2. signed statementssetting out the evidence of all witnesses on whom each party intends to rely must be prepared and include in the documents referred to at para 1 above. this includes the evidence of the parties themselves and any of the witnesses. The Ex director might be able to help u out there and other ex or current employees that did not/have not signed the form.

3. the claimant must allow the defendant to inspect documents by appointment within 7 days of receiving a written request from the defendant to do so.

4. the defendant must allow the claimant to inspect documents by appointment within 7 days of receiving a written request from the claiment to do so. Be awkard and ask for inspection of the levy permission form that they have lost.

5. no party may rely at the hearing on any report from an expert unless permission has been granted beforehand. any one wishing to rely on a expert must write to the court immediately on receipt of this order and seek permission, giving an explanation why the assistance of an expert is neccessary.

6. the parties must note that the judge may decide not to take into account a document or the evidence of a witness if no copy of that document or copy of a statement or report by that witness has been delivered to the other party or has not been copied to or otherwise seen by the other party or if these directions have otherwise not been complied with

Also i would add the piece to your court bundle that twany owl posted earlier with the picture of the builders. Also call the levy company and ask them if they will be willing to help u in this with other info they may have that u can use.

Hi masselou,just a thought,remember us talking some time ago about trying to come up with whether the contractor was registered,then the ex director pops up saying they are.Maybe they are but the search at the time couldnt find them,as everyone agrees they probably are now, would love you to PM their regisration no,it doesnt mean because they are registered they have paid any levy,the corrrect amount if any at all,Sorry i couldnt quote but edit quote has vanished.Could be very interesting.Tawnyowl.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i havent been on here for a while (trying to get things in order) i have a couple of statement for a couple of subbies :D and i have phoned the citb levy people and they dont want to know ....or help..:mad: i have been looking everwhere trying to find any tribunal / court cases involving the levy but cant seem to find anything just hoping someone might come up with something i have miss.........heres hoping;)

LBA sent 17/05/2006

2nd September