Do I have to attend a meeting while covered by a sick note?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just my twopennorth!

Always remember there's no such thing as an "informal chat" with any management!

Im drawn back to something in your original post when you said

"...............I have been off since my manager told me in my quarterly review that I should leave or I would be 'managed out'. Since then I have been stressed and depressed. This was the final straw."

If you do decide to resign you could well have a good case to take your employer to an Employment Tribunal for this remark. I suggest there's a good case to claim "constructive dismissal" here. Especially when the "office gossip" is taken into account as well as a part of an overall picture.

As has been suggested by others, have nothing to do with the employer over this whole affair except in writing.

Remember too that your GP is the only person in your case who can decide your fitness (or othewise) to work. The GP is independent of your employer whereas OH are at least funded by the employer, if not actually employed by them and thus have questionable impartiality. OH can advise the management, but I would suggest it takes more than a 15 minute 'phone call to assess an employee's "fitness".

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

It happened to me…. my employer told me lots of times to leave but instead I put grievances even when I was made disable by an accident I had.

My first grievance was when I was told by managers that my contract was written in stone and could not be changed. I made notes of dates and times of meetings and what was said at each meeting with these terrible people. My last letter to personnel regarding changing my hrs in that letter I gave them the hrs that I needed to get home from work safely and that was complied with by them and the managers concerned were moved to other areas of the company.

However couple of years later when I needed to have time off to care for a very close relative, I was again told to leave again. After that lovely meeting with these terrible people the next day I unfortunate had a very nasty accident and could not walk. These people at work did not believe me and told me that they wanted to see me for a informal chat. As I mentioned before, I told them I was on crutches and unless they were

willing to pay for a cab for me to get to them and back home I would not be able to see them. I put everything in writing as these people are very good a lying. They agree to paying for a cab and I went to see them for a formal chat, however when I got there I was met by a completely manager and a personnel officer that brought in especially for that chat.

To cut a long story short I put in grievances each time and most of the people that were involved was moved or left the company.

I felt that I had done something for others by putting in grievances as they should not be allowed to get away with it.

Remember these managers are not properly trained and some of them are power crazy in their little manager’s jobs, therefore if you can put in a grievance…. see what happens. Why should you leave your job because of them!!!

You have done nothing wrong so why should you be punished and not them.:mad::(