Advice re Claiming PPI+Unfair charges on personal loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, that's what I was assuming aa ... I imagine they won't want a PPI complaint hanging about their offices, hey ho and refer it back to Britannia :)

'Fortune favours the brave.'

Any advice given is purely on the basis of my own views and opinions and offered in good faith.

Hi,

Yes it is that Britannia, although the first people to chase us was Blair Oliver & Scott, HBOS's in house monkeys I believe?

We sent the PPI complaint to this address:

Britannia Building Society

PO Box 607

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2UJ

as we have had correspondence from Britannia with this address.

Now, having looked back through the file again, we have a letter from

Britannia Personal Lending

City House,

City Road,

Chester

CH88 3AN

and also:

PO Box 140

Normanton

WF6 1YA

How many offices do these people need? LOL.

I'm sure you're right that Wescot won't want a messy PPI case hanging about so HBOS will have to deal with it.

Let's see what Britannia/HBOS come back with.

As I say we have CCAs from them for 2 loans and they look enforceable. We're challenging PPI+Charges on both.

I can post up the CCAs if it would help?

Many thanks as ever,

PV:-)

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

Hi,

Update:

No reply from the Britannia since writing to them re PPI and charges.

Received this letter today:

BOSOFFER001.jpg

Coincidence?

Should we bite their hand off?

Thanks.

PV :-)

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

Definitely an offer you can't refuse (laffin) ... can you get one for me please, too?

:lol::lol::lol:

Any advice given is purely on the basis of my own views and opinions and offered in good faith.

LOL! :D

I presume you mean we wait for an OFFICIAL response from the OC?

We're sure the mis-sold PPI & charges will wipe much more than 40% off.

Is this standard procedure then?

Thanks

I'm thinking of writing to RBS along the lines of "I am bemused as to why I have received a "Special Offer" to settle this account from you whilst it is in serious dispute with Britannia BS.... Unfair collection practice etc..."

Should we write to RBS re this offer?

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Hello Possvox,

I have just a few questions for you if you don't mind, In one of your earlier posts you stated that you have the original agreement. Was it one that you kept or was it one they sent to you to comply with a section 77/78 request.

Has you account been transferred or sold to these DCA's

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi,

The accounts are being chased and have not been sold on as far as we know (no NoAs received anyway).

We CCA'd them and got enforcable agreements for both loans we are disputing charges on.

We wrote to OC (Britannia) a couple of weeks ago and got the "Special Offer" for one of the accounts last week.

Hope this helps, thanks,

I'm thinking of writing to RBS along the lines of "I am bemused as to why I have received a "Special Offer" to settle this account from you whilst it is in serious dispute with Britannia BS.... Unfair collection practice etc..."

Should we write to RBS re this offer?

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Personally I would ignore it PV ... they cannot be serious with this daft letter ;) ... I think it's just a standard offer they must be making to you and other customers, and has been sent independent of your complaint ... at least, I do hope so!!!

Hi,

The accounts are being chased and have not been sold on as far as we know (no NoAs received anyway).

We CCA'd them and got enforcable agreements for both loans we are disputing charges on.

We wrote to OC (Britannia) a couple of weeks ago and got the "Special Offer" for one of the accounts last week.

Hope this helps, thanks,

The accounts and the debts may indeed be enforceable, but you are still entitled to claim back the penalty charges ... and also to make your claim for mis-selling of PPI.

Give them a bit longer to see whether you receive a sensible response to your claim for mis-selling.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just an update.

Received this letter from Westcot this morning:

WESCOT005.jpg

They seem to be phishing for info here and it also seems that they want us to do their job for them!

Is there a good letter to send to them please?

Or do we simply ignore them as we haven't heard anything from the OC as yet?

Thanks

Edited by PossVox
missing file

PV I can't access this letter.

Would you like to PM it to me and copy anyone else in that you'd like to see it ... :)

Hi PB,

Thanks for looking in again.

I wasn't logged in to CAG... can you see the letter now?

If not, then i'll PM you with it.

Ta,

Nope, it's just a little box with Photo bucket written in it :p

PM it to me and I'll copy my response in to a few other people to maximise the help for you ...

:)

Hello!

Sorry PB, I moved the file when tidying up earlier!

It should be visible now.

Apologies and thanks.

Glad you can see it now (How stupid am I?!).

We shall send an account in dispute letter to Wescot and state that we don't know how much the charges amount to or how much the PPI cost as it was attached to the loan total. We shall state that we await a definitive response from HBOS/Britannia as to these matters.

Would that be OK?

Thanks

p.s.

Britannia sent out an annual statement on one of the loans, covering the period 1/10/08 to 18/10/08, but it merely stated the disputed balance and made no mention of charges or PPI.

Mornong PV

No, not stooopid at all ;)

I'm thinking that at some point, Britannia are going to have to work with you to break down the money into what is borrowed, charges and amount for each added, PPI element and interest added on top ... It is your right to have this information.

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

Well it's been a while but today WE HAVE A RESULT!!!

The first of the 2 PPI claims we sent in to BOS has come back with the following breakdown:

The loan is fully paid off and we have asked that any defaults are removed from the CRAs-BOS have agreed to this.

Refund of premiums paid: £360

Refund of interest: £250

Total refund: £610

Less outsatanding balance: £550

(the balance that we were chased by FIVE DCAs for that is!!!)

Refund to us: £60

PLUS £220 which is 8% compensatory interest!

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!

CAG WINS AGAIN.

We now await a decision on PPI number 2!

PV :D

Hi there,

The first of the 2 PPI claims we sent in to BOS has come back with the following breakdown:

The loan is fully paid off and we have asked that any defaults are removed from the CRAs-BOS have agreed to this.

CAG WINS AGAIN.

PV :D

Well done PV, good for you and hope for a good result for no 2:D Will await your good news on that one two

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

hello PV,

Hi there,

CAG WINS AGAIN.

PV :grin:

:DCracking result PV *well done*:D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.