1st Credit can't provide credit agreement.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently discovered a default on my credit file with a company I did not recognise. I contacted the credit referance agency (CRA) and asked them to investigate the entry. a few days later I received the following response.

Dear RSS1979

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

The Client concerned has investigated the accuracy of the information and has asked that you contact them directly at the address below. As our client has not given permission to amend this information it remains unchanged on your credit file.

Please note that the Notice of Dispute previously loaded to your credit file has been removed.

Write to Omnibus Building Lesbourne Road, Reigate, Surrey RH2 7JP or phone 0870 1642040

I hope this is of assistance.

Regards

Equifax Customer Care Team

I did a search of the forum and found a letter template requesting a copy of my original credit agreement and deed of assignment. 1st credit responded with data file which seems to suggest that this is a debt collection agency that have bought a debt from Lloyds TSB. No sign of the paperwork I requested though.

I understand that 1st Credit have 12 days in which to fulfill my request and this period is up on Wednesday.

My questions are;

1) If they fail to provide a copy of the agreement can I have the default removed?

2) If it is illegal for them to chase me for a debt for which they hold no agreement, who can I report them to and how?

3) If they fail to provide it within the time limit can they suddenly pull it out of the woodwork at a later date and continue to chase me for the debt or enter a default onto my credit file?

Thanks for reading this....

"If you owe the bank 100 pounds, you're the one with the problem. But if you owe a million pounds, the bank's the one with the problem."

Lord John Maynard First Baron Keynes of Tilton.

"If you owe the bank $100, that's your problem; if you owe the bank $100 million, that's the bank's problem".

John Paul Getty

I recently discovered a default on my credit file with a company I did not recognise. I contacted the credit referance agency (CRA) and asked them to investigate the entry. a few days later I received the following response.

I did a search of the forum and found a letter template requesting a copy of my original credit agreement and deed of assignment. 1st credit responded with data file which seems to suggest that this is a debt collection agency that have bought a debt from Lloyds TSB. No sign of the paperwork I requested though.

I understand that 1st Credit have 12 days in which to fulfill my request and this period is up on Wednesday.

My questions are;

1) If they fail to provide a copy of the agreement can I have the default removed?

2) If it is illegal for them to chase me for a debt for which they hold no agreement, who can I report them to and how?

3) If they fail to provide it within the time limit can they suddenly pull it out of the woodwork at a later date and continue to chase me for the debt or enter a default onto my credit file?

Thanks for reading this....

The equifax response is typical & they are saying "we prefer to believe our paying client rather than you & we don't care in the information/lies will have any effect on your life" "We might pretend we care but we don't really"

In the meantime can you say how old is the alledged debt is?

Well I believe 1st Credit took over the debt in Jan 2004 but it was accrued with Lloyds Oct 02.

I have looked back over my corrospondance and it appears I sent a few letters to 1st Credit in Aug 04 and Sept 04 offering a small monthly payment.

Really, I am interested in what happens if they do not provide the information I have requesting under the CCA. Does the debt get frozen or written off? Does the default get removed?

I listed it all in my original post

"If you owe the bank 100 pounds, you're the one with the problem. But if you owe a million pounds, the bank's the one with the problem."

Lord John Maynard First Baron Keynes of Tilton.

"If you owe the bank $100, that's your problem; if you owe the bank $100 million, that's the bank's problem".

John Paul Getty

Hello rss.

Have a look at two of my threads in Other Institutions, me v Capquest and me v Aktiv Kapital.

Also have a read of Debt Collection Agencies (very long, but has many answers) and in particular anything by alanfromderby who really knows his stuff.

Good hunting;)

Elsinore

• 2 years later...

Urgent help needed

I received a letter from connaught Collections sayinging that they were acting on behald of 1st credit with regards to an C/Card bill which I thought had been payed off.This is a debt that is 8/9 years old but the letter goes on to say(and rember this letter just dropped from nowhere no prior correspondance) as we see no reason fro you not paying this debt if we do not here from you within 7 working days we will immediately apply for a bankruptcy order. If this happens I would lose my job my House everything. The letter arrived 2 days ago but was dated the July the 1st and that I have 7 days to reply.

what should I do?................HELp I have a wife and 2 kids and I have made payment arrangements with any debt that I had run up when I was young (now coming upto 40)

I really need some advice is this a scare tactic or can they really make me bankrupt without any prior knowledge of this

Any advice would be appreciated ASAP

Hi Shannon firstly dont panic, this is the usual threat o gram these morons dish out

Urgent help needed

I received a letter from connaught Collections sayinging that they were acting on behald of 1st credit with regards to an C/Card bill which I thought had been payed off.This is a debt that is 8/9 years old -If it is this old and you have not acknowledge it in writing or made any payments towards it then it is probably statute barred and they cant do a damn thing. but the letter goes on to say(and rember this letter just dropped from nowhere no prior correspondance) as we see no reason fro you not paying this debt if we do not here from you within 7 working days we will immediately apply for a bankruptcy order. Load of Bull**** If this happens I would lose my job my House everything. The letter arrived 2 days ago but was dated the July the 1st and that I have 7 days to reply.

what should I do?................HELp I have a wife and 2 kids and I have made payment arrangements with any debt that I had run up when I was young (now coming upto 40)

I really need some advice is this a scare tactic or can they really make me bankrupt without any prior knowledge of this

Any advice would be appreciated ASAP

OK first things first, if it is a Credit card debt from over 8/9 years ago then statute barred, there is a template on here that I or someone quicker will post up for you to use.

send it by special deliver, do not sign it for obvious reasons.

and never Call these **** and talk to them.

& start your own thread Shannon as these morons won't give up until they have tried to con you into paying. The debt being statute barred is no barrier to this bunch.

Incidentally it's a breach of the OFT guidelines to claim you can take enforcement action when a debt is out of time & they should be reported to the TS and the OFT