Carphone Warehouse - Phone Issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to the site!

First off, I bought a phone from the Carphone Warehouse (Online - Samsung J700 Silver/Black) since it was £10 cheaper than being purchased in store. I subsequently had it delivered to my local store so that it would be signed for and I could just go and pick it up.

Phone works, it's all fantastic, etc. However,

My Sisters phone, Same model, different colour, but bought from CPW aswell, came with earphones and a data cable.

Now I wouldn't have bothered about not having these, since I won't actually be needing them, however, I cannot use the radio function of my phone WITHOUT earphones (Since they act as the antenna).

Should CPW have provided me with them? Have they missold the phone to me since the radio functionality is not functioning (And will not unless I purchase a set of earphones for my phone from a different shop for £20, since CPW dont actually stock any) or is it simply a small error on Samsung's part and they should have been included (In the manual it only states the charger, phone, battery and manual should be present in the box by default and depending on region other items added)?

Where do I stand on this?

Thanks

Edited by BloominHeck

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to a more appropriate Forum ;)

Where hopefully you'll get some good advice.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

usually headphones come with the phone but not always. Was does it say on the box?

Also, if it is simply a normal jack and no extension or fitting is needed, I would just rather use my own headphones rather than the ones provided (which sometimes are pretty poor).

Ooh! scrub that! - my brother has one and his did not come with headphones. Also if it does not say on the box then they probably aren't meant to be included anyway.

If the radio does actually work when earphones are inserted then you cannot claim they do not work just because there were no earphones supplied. That's a bit like buying a TV without an ariel and claiming that the TV is faulty.

I dont think CPW in this case have done anything wrong.

Ooh! scrub that! - my brother has one and his did not come with headphones. Also if it does not say on the box then they probably aren't meant to be included anyway.

If the radio does actually work when earphones are inserted then you cannot claim they do not work just because there were no earphones supplied. That's a bit like buying a TV without an ariel and claiming that the TV is faulty.

I dont think CPW in this case have done anything wrong.

Yeah, I understand, but my issue still stands - nowhere was mentioned that I needed to purchase anything else to get the radio to work, not even on the order page...

Thanks anyhow

It should say that headphones are required and whetherthey are additional or not. But like I said, if its a normal jack then any old headphones will do - for a radio on a phone I would just head off to the local pound shop myself!

It should say that headphones are required and whetherthey are additional or not. But like I said, if its a normal jack then any old headphones will do - for a radio on a phone I would just head off to the local pound shop myself!

Yeah, wish it was a normal jack but unfortunately its one of the proprietry ones (The headphones also act as the aerial for the radio).

I'm gonna head down and talk to the people in CPW later so should see if I can get it sorted.

Thanks

What's in the box?

Samsung J700 SIM Free Handset

Stereo Earphones / Handsfree Kit

Battery

Mains Charger

USB Data Cable and Software CD

Instruction Manual

You can get an adapter to convert it from the propriatory jack to 3.5 (normal headphones)

or you can pick up the headphones itself

It's available on ebay for as little as £2 new so might be one way around it

What's in the box?

Samsung J700 SIM Free Handset

Stereo Earphones / Handsfree Kit

Can I ask where you got tha from? the OP may be able to use it to demand one from the CPW if it is supposed to be supplied.

Can I ask where you got tha from? the OP may be able to use it to demand one from the CPW if it is supposed to be supplied.

I have actually asked at my local CPW, and they had a look in the boxes for all the providers (Vodafone, O2, TMobile, etc) and none of them have earphones/data cables, and the store doesn't stock them.

The only luck I had was getting a pair from my local market, which, unfortunately, don't work the radio (My radio works fine, i've tried it with my sisters official ones). So i've gotta go get my money back on them and find another place to get them from.

RESULT!!!!!!

I contacted samsung directly, speaking to a very nice lady, and said that because I have opened the box and used the phone the Carphone Warehouse wouldn't take the phone back.

Result? Samsung are sending me a pair of stereo headphones free of charge.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

• 2 months later...

Sound result BloominHeck :) Glad you got it sorted ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert