AA99 v MBNA (Account 1)

AA99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CCA is 12 working days + 2 allowed for postal service.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) is 40 calendar days. So if you posted today, you should expect a reply by at the very latest, 22 November:D

Thanks citizenB but this was a CCA in default letter, 12+2 working days for that was today, is it now another 12+2 working days for the CCA in default letter too? Thanks for working the SAR dates out for me LOL !:)

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't believe it's 'another' 12 working days after you have already gone over the first 12 days for the CCA. You have no obligation to tell them, you are merely doing them a courtesy to inform them they are in Default. :)

If they are in default and not supplied you with the information you are legally entitled to then it's time to start complaining to all the regulatory bodies.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Thanks citizenB but this was a CCA in default letter, 12+2 working days for that was today, is it now another 12+2 working days for the CCA in default letter too? Thanks for working the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) dates out for me LOL !:)

DUH !! of course it was. Sorry about that AA:oops: Because there is now no criminal offence committed by them not sending the CCA, there isnt really any timescales now. You made the request, they are supposed to reply within the timescales. They didnt, you are just now sending them a courtesy letter advising them.

Thank you for the click :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Steve at MBNA has just called me. I did not confirm who I was. He continued very agressively to tell me I was 4 payments behind. I said Mrs AA99 has written to you and you have failed to reply and they have put my account with them in default. He said they had not. I then told him he was in breach of the DPA by continuing to talk to me without verifying who I was. He said he wasn't. Continuously then asked when Mrs AA99 would be in and I said she would never be in for phone calls and only dealt in writing. Then phoned my cell phone twice, my husband answered and said she is not available. He has left a voice message saying it is urgent and imperative that I call them on 01224......blah blah blah.

OFT next ?

Hey AA99

this gets better and better for you, you could have been a burglar and entered to do a identity theft raid on the house, it has proved that there are credit cards possibly in the house and that more snippets of information has now been revealed to a possible identity theft thief!

I would very strongly think this is a serious data protection breach,,, is it oft you should complain to, i would be also interested

sure the more experienced guys will come along and let us both know

anyway good on you for sticking to the words of advice from here,

see you laters ciao maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Thanks Maz, Also the number showed as Private Number on my cellphone. My little boy has a life-threatening illness and is away on residential camp for the first time ever! Of course I'm going to answer my cell......:mad:

Anything to do with breach of Data protection.. speak to the Information COmmissioners Office :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hey AA99

of course you have to, i m sure he is having a good time, but we worry all the same of course

is it a pay as you go phone, get another phone card with a new number? i dont know if this is poss as i have a contract and yes due to mbna i actually changed my mobile no on my renewing my contract , oh bliss

but ive put an harrasment letter in to them to not call me on my home number and have demanded they remove an inaccurate work no, so far so good as long as i write to them on receipts of any letters oh yeahhhhhhhhhhh id rather do that - all good for my paper trail

im looking around at the moment at the data protection act to see if we can insist they only contact by address and that the home telephone number is only for personal calls and not any business calls, i wonder if we can do this > just a thought on the way home today - thinking it might help you

anyway sorry hogging your thread im going a hunting keep smiling ciao for now MAZ

Ps yes of course citizen - the ICO yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

I have contacts all over the world so am blowed if I'll change my number for MBNA. I could usually see it was their number calling so I could just hang it up. Am thinking of letting BT know about the harrassment and get their numbers suspended from calling me at home though?!:-?

CitizenB - thanks will look into that one as well......:wink:

AA, you can probably make a case for not being contacted by phone due to the fact that you have to keep your line free for emergencies with your son. Might be a good idea to speak to ReallyMadWoman or Babybear about that, they will be able to offer good advise in that respect.

BCOBS

Hi AA

Sorry to hear they're calling again, especially if you're having to answer your phone in case it's your son. We had almost exactly the same call at the beginning of our stint with MBNA - including the discussing of the account without going through security, then saying they didn't need to!

I picked up one for hubby the other day, despite them having at least 9 letters now telling them letter only, apparently there's no notes on the account about this.

My blokey was actually pretty polite and reasonable:eek: As we just want to get a payment plan sorted with them, I said he could have one chance to phone hubby and agree to plan if he called in half an hour. He said he would, but never phoned back! Honestly, you tell them to sod off constantly and they're on your back all the time, but tell them 'fine, yeah, phone me please' and they don't love you any more:p

I'm off to do battle letters to Co-op and Cap1 now...I reckon my typing speeds are through the roof due to all this writing!

Take care

Lexis:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Tell him dinner might be late but you're potentially saving you both tons of money, so which would he prefer - that's held my OH off for all his whinging about the (admittidly obscene) amount of time I spend on here:D

Oh I know Lexis, he's stormed off though, fed the kids, and I've lost my appetite!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was with photobucket, will try again from my pc :

Edited by AA99
attachments too small

I'm sure he'll cheer up soon:)

Sorry, still teeny...

Did you say the first lot were from photobucket? have you tried doing it as a link instead of a thumbnail?

Thanks Lexis but I think a divorce or suicide may be better right now, talk about one step forward and two steps back..... will try and keep patient and will try again. Have pm'd a Site Team chum who can maybe help me, am beginning to lose it :roll:

AA, a couple of the links you have posted take you directly to the home page of CAG ??.

I have copied and pasted the 3 items you want comments on below. HTH.

MBNALetter110Oct08.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

MBNALetter210Oct08.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

MBNALetter310Oct08.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These just appear to be standard "you owe us pay up, contact us by phone and we will help you pay by offering you a further loan or yell at you until you sell your first born to raise the money". letters.

Edited by citizenB

BCOBS

hiya AA99

in the letter 3 - it states before they insist on you disclosing your assets etc,,,,,can they actually do this? i mean another lie??

anyway ive had the previous 2 letters too

so here we are again usual rubbish

see ya laters ciao maz