A DECENT insurer

demon_x_slash
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would anyone actually happen to know of a decent car insurance company? Our policy's up for renewal with the (p!sspoor) Tescos, but we'd really rather go somewhere else. We want someone who is actually happy to fight a case, rather than try and weasel out of paying anything at the first opportunity...

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Er, how many crashes do you have.....:D

Seriously though, it's worth using the search tool on the autotrader website, and also confused.com. Click on all the cheapest quotes to go the their websites, then wait a few days - you'll find they all email you asking to ring them and they will look at reducing the price even further. You can then decide which company you like the look of.

Bank of Scotland: Claiming £699.47, SETTLED IN FULL at moneyclaim stage

Sisters NatWest - Claiming £1056 - SETTLED at AQ stage

Natwest CC - Claiming £804, SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

GF Natwest - claiming £749.33, moneyclaim filed - SETTLED IN FULL 04/08

MBNA: Claiming £150 - SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

HSBC: £1014 - SETTLED at LBA stage + pending charges removed

Sisters HSBC - £300 - SETTLED IN FULL at prelim stage

Yorkshire bank - claiming £496.68 - SETTLED IN FULL at court date stage.

Capital One - claiming £605.54 -SETTLED IN FULL

DON'T FORGET TO DONATE!

Be careful with confused.com I decided to get some quotes from them to see what they were like

We currently have a R reg Fiat Marea estate 1.8 insured with Norwich Union for about £280ish a year fully comp

The cheapest quote from confused.com was about £800 and they mix different excesses so be very careful using them, im sure when used properly theyre great but if you are going to take a policy also try getting a quote direct from the insurer in question you might get a big surprise

Thaks. We're not planning on having any more crashes (one's enough!), it just that we've got so fed up with the way Tescos has been handling our current case that we really don't want to renew with them if we don't have to. A woman pulled out in front of OH last YEAR, completely wrote off our car while only dinting hers; she admitted liability at the scene but when big beefy chavvy hubby turned up an hour later it was suddenly a different story. They've made no claim against us at all, while we've been pushing and pushing our Tesco allocated solicitors...for months...with diagrams...it's all a big headache.

Why aren't people honest any more? Why won't they just take responsibility for their irresponsibility? Grr.

Rant over.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Well I can't guarantee they'll be any better on the claims side than Tesco as I've not had to claim but I changed my insurance over to Virgin last year - they were the cheapest quote plus they make no charge for paying by installments.

Erm, not sure if it the same now, but a couple of years ago Tesco and Virgin were underwritten by UK Insurance, so they are effictively the same company.

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!