Extortionate interest rate after a couple of late (but not unpaid) payments

fleeced_by_rbos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well done but that's exactly why i have no moral compass when it comes to banks.

They shouldn't be doing it but they do and nobody is around to protect the consumer bar this splendid website.

How many people have had their interest rates hiked to 34% but aren't aware that there's a process of appeal ?

Why are banks continually allowed to get away with unfair practice,first its irresponsible lending and then they compound the problem with irresponsible interest rates.

I had some reasonably fair interest rates from other companies to deal with before mbna and hfc upped theirs to 34% and then the accounts became unmanageable.

Between them MBNA and HFC have killed me as a customer and directly affected the rest of my life with their wanton greed.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case anyone reads this thread and is looking for their own answers to the MBNA problem, here is an update on my situation.

Still no enforceable CCA forthcoming and MBNA unlawfully sold the debt to CapQuest who came chasing. I told them to go away in a longish legalese kind of letter and they did for a while. Then they came back a few weeks ago saying that since MBNA haven't heard anything from the FOS about my complaint last year and that the 6 months to continue the complaint with FOS is now up so I should pay up.

I told them my complaint about MBNA's dirty underhanded tacticts is a separate issue to the unenforceable CCA and that selling on a disputed debt is unlawful. I finished off by telling CapQuest that if they should continue harassing me for an unenforceable and unlawfully sold debt then they too will find themselves facing investigation by FOS, OFT, and I will drag them into court if I have to.

They have written back to me telling me that they have referred it back to MBNA for investigation. Now time to pound MBNA with more letters to inform them of uneforceability, all my data under the SAR they still haven't responded to, and perhaps a few legal threats of my own.

I seriously think a class action lawsuit is due against these scumbags and they are completely unfit to hold a consumer credit license. Although they are owned by the might Bank of America and yes they are a huge employer in the Chester area, they seem to have no regard for the laws in this country and really should be sent packing.

FBR

I wonder if MBNA are the new Enron :roll:

• 1 year later...
Just in case anyone reads this thread and is looking for their own answers to the MBNA problem, here is an update on my situation.

Still no enforceable CCA forthcoming and MBNA unlawfully sold the debt to CapQuest who came chasing. I told them to go away in a longish legalese kind of letter and they did for a while. Then they came back a few weeks ago saying that since MBNA haven't heard anything from the FOS about my complaint last year and that the 6 months to continue the complaint with FOS is now up so I should pay up.

I told them my complaint about MBNA's dirty underhanded tacticts is a separate issue to the unenforceable CCA and that selling on a disputed debt is unlawful. I finished off by telling CapQuest that if they should continue harassing me for an unenforceable and unlawfully sold debt then they too will find themselves facing investigation by FOS, OFT, and I will drag them into court if I have to.

They have written back to me telling me that they have referred it back to MBNA for investigation. Now time to pound MBNA with more letters to inform them of uneforceability, all my data under the SAR they still haven't responded to, and perhaps a few legal threats of my own.

I seriously think a class action lawsuit is due against these scumbags and they are completely unfit to hold a consumer credit license. Although they are owned by the might Bank of America and yes they are a huge employer in the Chester area, they seem to have no regard for the laws in this country and really should be sent packing.

FBR

You can count me in.