style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Last week I sent a letter back to swift credit (using the template letter in the sticky) offering to pay back the £611 at £12 per month untill otherwise able to up my payments. I sent the 1st payment off, but this morning recieved this letter

"Dear Kelley

We acknowledge reciept of your letter dated September 8th 08.

Unfortunatley, we are unable to accept your payment offer of £12.70 per month.

Please note a baliff will atend at his/her own discretion when in the area if you are unwilling to arrange an appointment.

We enclose the statement of account as requested which displays the baliff's 1st attendance fee of £22.50 charged on the 8th of September.

Yours Swift"

OMG now what do I do?

SOme one help me please am I out of my depth?

Oh please does anyone have any advice? Im scouring the posts but my heads in bits!

Idont no what to do next

Kell

TO give you advice on this we need to know what the debt is for.

Also, what was the original debt and how much have the bailiffs tried to add on top of it.

In the meantime, providing you have never previously let them in, do not allow them into your home -and don't open the door to anyone you think might be a bailiff.

When we know what the debt is for, it will be possible to give you further advice.

Sorry its for council tax arrears...£611 + now £22.50 fees no I never let the baliff in as they never knocked the door...... she ust posted her initial letter through my door..

Is it newlyns by any chance as they have a few female bailiffs ?

So whats cooking today ?

uh I have no idea.... the credit recovery agency is called Swift and are based in Merthy Tydfill in South Wales.... and on the letter she posted through the door it just says that I have to pay the full balance to the Baliffs office in 24 hours( that was on the 8th)

Ok Im still confused!!

Do I phone up these baliffs an make an appointment to see them?

They are refusimg to accept my monthly paymnt offer.

Should I phone the council and tell them that they are refusing my payment offer??

Help please, my partner is really worring and well so am I now :(

The most important advice still stands. DO NOT let them in under any circumstances. Keep windows and doors locked and if you have a car, park it away from your driveway (unless its on HP).

You can (and should) start making payments to the council straight away. They cannot legally refuse, though they might try and say that they can. Make sure the council know which year the payments are for and get a receipt. It will also help if you can write a means form to show the council why you can only afford to pay £12.70 per month.

Ok so Im assuming I definatley dont pay the Swift... and just pay the council.

Do I write to let swift no that as they have refused my payment.... I will send it directly to the council?

Hi kelly, as robin says are there reasons why you can only pay £12.70, i.e unemployed, receiving benefits. If this is the case you may receive a reduction of c/t. Do not let them in ever, if you phone them they will try and harrass you for more money. Communicate in writing only. Have you tried contacting your council regarding this?. I can't offer any more advice, still feeling bruised and battered from my problems with bailiffs (see posts), which i'm relieved to say appear to be dealt with.