Any new info on whether we can fight the 3-month backdate rule?

Sirensinger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all ex-students being harassed by SLC

Just wondering whether anyone has any new news or ideas about fighting the 3-month rule for backdating deferment?

I saw there were a few people discussing what it might be breaching in this section a while back. I am in a situation like a lot of others, where SLC are demanding payment of a missed instalment (luckily in my case it's only 1) and £100 'admin charges'. I'm going to do the usual thing for the charges, but it appears the missed instalment was my own fault because I moved to a temporary address and didn't tell them (well not in writing anyway, I thought I phoned but have no proof, and they say I didn't, of course) until 4 months after the deferment date, so I allegedly owe one month's money.

Like many others, I've never earned enough to stop deferring, and it makes my blood boil that if I forget to defer for a month, I'm treated as if I suddenly got rich enough to pay, even though I'm in tremendous financial hardship.

If anyone has any ideas of laws or regulations etc which I might be able to fight with, please post them here, I'm currently refusing to pay but it's been threatened that they might demand the whole loan, so I'm wondering if I could build a court case..... My feeling is that if we don't earn enough, we are entitled to defer, and that should be the end of it - I don't see how they've been allowed to get away with this rule. If it's statute, as someone on here said, is there a way we can fight it?

Good luck to all,

Sirensinger

Edited by Sirensinger