Faulty Samsung 52 tv - 14 months old (2 months outside warranty)

Muppet Pie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A big thankyou to OP and all other contributors - I've just had my TV fixed at no charge.

I have a Samsung 52" LCD TV (LE52A559P4FXXU) and after around 15 months got same problem as mentioned here - TV failed to switch on, just a periodic clicking as it seemed to try. This was actually preceded for around a couple of months with TV occasionally switching off and on. Searched the www and found others with similar problem (here and avforums).

It was quite inconvenient for me to go back to retailer so I rang Samsung Customer Services and registered with them, they gave me number of local service centre. I rang service centre and was given option of home visit (around 50-60 pounds callout charge) or take TV to service centre for no-callout charge.

I went to nearest service centre (Princess Parkway) and waited for around 20 minutes while they fixed TV - although I was told and so expected to pay around 40 pounds for the check, there was actually no charge (Samsung were billed around 130 pounds from the paperwork I signed).

Very happy with the TV and glad it's back to normal - I suffered badly for the few weeks I had to make do with a Sony 32"!!!

Thanks again - the internet rules, and OP, I owe you a pint (or two)!

Well done.

Glad you got sorted.I finally got my TV back just before the bank holidays. Samsung authorised repairer quoted over £350 parts and labour (replacement of Main PCB and Front Panel PCB), but Currys still maintained they wanted to repair despite the cost. I had expected them to write it off.

Still waiting for my engineers report costs back from Currys, but that will be another battle

Disclaimer...

All advice, information, views, opinions or statements, etc. offered by '
Turtle1000
' is taken at a readers 'own risk & responsibility' and 'Without Prejudice'.

Should a reader wish to undertake action following advice, information, views, opinions or statements, etc. by '
Turtle1000
', it is recommended that full & proper legal consulation be first made before any implimentation or undertakings.