Aegis/MBNA

louise1111
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I keep getting calls from Aegis re MBNA credit card.

I have set up a payment plan with MBNA and i am still waiting for confirmation in writing.

On bank holiday monday, i had 2 calls from Aegis. I explained about the payment plan and was told to hold on while they spoke to them. Of course being a holiday they were closed! I told them i would not talk to them and they should contact MBNA.

I was so mad i decided to cca Aegis so sent it to Croydon address that was on a leter they sent. Delivered on 1/9/08.

Meanwhile i keep getting calls which i ignore

Today i receive the usual collection letter with no England address but says do not send any correspondence to the India address.

All i really want to know is was the Croydon address correct? or should i cca MBNA?

thanks in advance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Louise1111,

I've been getting annoying letters and phone calls from Aegis as well. The call centre is in Bangalore and if you look at the back of the envelopes the letters came in it says return to Chester CH4 9WW (MBNA). Ignore Aegis and deal with MBNA direct.

Good Luck,

James

If it's an MBNA credit card then you must write to MBNA in the UK. Organisations in India will not be subject to UK law, so as Camaro has said, write to MBNA in Chester. Don't forget to send it registered post and don't sign it!

Regards.

Fred

Edited by Fred Bassett
typo, I bloody hate typos.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• 4 months later...

Louise how are you getting on with aegis and mbna

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

• 2 weeks later...

I too have started getting calls from Aegis (MBNA credit card) despite telling MBNA in no uncertain terms I would not discuss anything on the phone. Who in their right mind would deal with some foreign bloke who calls up out of the blue and starts to discuss your finances!! Had a letter off them to but contact details are MBNA. 5 calls so far. Answered one tonight and politely (it was hard) told them I would not be dealing with the matter over the phone.

hello louise1111 and everyone with mbna problems

have you come across underdog thread yet? if not take a peek as may be useful, talking to a solicitor on monday

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/172769-mbna-agreement-now-threat.html

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hiya louise

looking at yell for my ge capital bank came across aegis!"

3, Shadwell Lane,

Leeds,

West Yorkshire

LS17 6DP

Tel: 0113 3458556

it give quite a bit of info on the yell site

hope it helps you laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

i put choose to refuse service on home phone today and stopped them ringing for the moment.. sure it will start up again, keeping comprehensive logs of all calls so i can take out private harassment case if necessary.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

I too have had these phone calls (landline and mobile) from them. I have ignored them and have written to MBNA asking for a payment plan and a freeze on the interest and charges. I am awaiting a response from them. However, this morning I received a postcard from Aegis telling me they will be calling at my home on Saturday between 8am-9pm!!! Bring it on I say!!!!

Has anyone else had these postcards and do they actually bother to turn up from India????????

hiya

is it from aegis or if you look in the middle of the card does it show any address ie mbna?

i think it is meant to unerve you but on a another thread i did see that mbna said to the poster that they do not employ people to visit houses, only that it was meant to advise they will be calling ie telephoning you

but then i just dont trust them one dit when the last time i actually spoke with them they told me they are an american company and told me they would continue to call me, and i replied simply and no one will answer the call, and we havent spoken to them since, but it hasnt stopped them form ringing:lol:

send them the harasmment letter, and the doorstop visit so at least you have informed them send recorded delivery so you have your evidence

laters angel x

I doubt very much whether they would call - scare tactics and further harassment. Make sure you write them the telephone harassment letter and but a line in there about no 'personal' calls.

You may find this thread useful:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/169889-harassment-mbna-7.html

I have been researching MBNA for a few days now and it appears they will do almost anything to try and get money out of you. So if an idiot turned up at my door I would laugh and shut the door as quickly as I opened it!!

It seems the hardest part of dealing with these people is the harassment - and most of that is hot air.

PS: All this about them being an American company is just further cr*P - their parent company may be US based but MBNA Europe is registered with the FSA and the BBA - so they are obliged to follow the relevant rules and regulations.

Just so you know... the Police will not take a harassment incident when a company is involved expecially when it is an alledged debt this would be a civil route of harassment under the pfh act.... however, if someone turned up at your door and threatened you or made you feel intimidated and was shouting raising voice etc then you should call 999 as this would constitute a breach of the peace, poss more expecially if they put their foot in your door or something like that. using violence to secure entry, a burglary is essentially entering a property with the intent of ... whatever and without your permission so make sure you call police if they do any of these things

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

i put choose to refuse service on home phone today and stopped them ringing for the moment.. sure it will start up again, keeping comprehensive logs of all calls so i can take out private harassment case if necessary.

One option I use is BT's divert service which allows to you divert calls to another number. I signed up for a dmclub 07005 number which is really good. If voicemail is left you get an email with an mp3 attachment and you get a log of every call made. I've not felt the need to use it for months now but it's there if I want it.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

We Had A Postcard From Aegis,, When I Rang It, They Said It Meant They Would Be Ringing Not Turning Up At Your House...

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

I keep getting calls from Aegis on my mobile - they never leave a message, they txt telling me to ring them re MBNA. I have never had an account with MBNA, and I am certainly not the person they ask for when they ring. No matter what I tell them they still keep ringing me. Any ideas? I ideally don't want to give them my information, as its not my debt. Obviously I have not had letters or calls on my Home/Work number - you guys are having more of a nightmare then me. I have had my mobile number for 3 years now, and i am thinking of getting my mobile company to block the calls - but they should pay!

This company call me mobile and landline about 4-5 times a day! They sent their postcard calling card and you were right they didn't turn up just called and called and they text and they've sent letters.

I have written to MBNA and am still awaiting their reply. I don't see the point in speaking to the monkey when I'd rather speak to the Organ Grinder. Just hope MBNA write back soon.

Are aegis a DCA???

Dont know if this helps anyone, but Vodafone's website quotes the following action to be taken on any nuisance calls:

"If you have your suspicions about calls or are receiving nuisance calls, simply don’t talk to them or reply to them. Use Voicemail to filter your calls - remember you are in control and can end contact when you want.

If you continue to get nuisance calls or messages, call 191 immediately and log it with us. Ensure that the call or message that you want logged is the last contact you received.

Record the evidence of all unwanted communication. Keep a diary – dates and times; type of communication. It also helps if you save any messages or voicemails, as these will be evidence when you contact the police.

When you have about 5 events logged contact the police to get a crime reference number. The police will then contact our Police Liaison unit, who will take any appropriate action.

Please note that we cannot bar a specific number from calling your phone."

Although they cannot bar specific numbers, they work with the police to get investigate further. Bring it on Aegis only 5 times you have to ring me, and I have you.

Police will not investigate company harassment this is covered by civil law.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON