Moorcroft response to my credit agreement request

Unitedfan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have another thread going but this is for a member of my family who i told to send a credit agreement request to Moorcroft.

Anyway, template letter N was sent to Moorcroft for a debt that is years old. He's been steadily paying it until I told him about letter N.

The reply came after 10 days and he got worried, but (after reading lots on this forum) I thought this was a bit laughable and it's just them fumbling. I havn't got a scanner so i'm just gonna quote it below:

"I refer to your recent correspondence. We are continuing to seek to obtain a copy of the Consumer Credit Agreement that you have requested. Our systems provide for reviews to be sent to our client on a regular basis and this we are continuing to do. I will contact you again just as soon as the agreement has been made available to ourselves and confirm that at this stage the account has been placed on hold and that we will not seek to enforce the debt until such time as the agreement is obtained.

In the meantime however, we believe that it may be of assistance to all parties if we also take this opportunity to ensure that any potential areas of dispute are addressed prior to any possible court action or further investigation. Please could you give an indication of the information you will be providing, when giving evidence to the court or providing information to the relevant statutory authorities in relation to the alleged subject matter of the account.

Please could you provide this information by return. W believe tha this is a simple request that will assist in ensuring that all possible areas of dispute are identified as quickly as possible and potential costs and delays kept to a minimum level.

I thank you for your assistance and patience in this matter"

I'm no expert but it this a load of rubbish? I've sent 2 CCA requests myself, one company admitted they could not supply it and the other was Barclays/Mercers (ongoing) who sent me the usual application form nonsense.

The response above seems to admit they don't have it. it's even friendly in it's tone. My family member was still worried after receiving this but I said don't worry - i'm sure i'm right in saying that?

Has anyone had a similar response from Moorcroft before?

I'm sure the next letter to them should be something like 'Stop waisting my time, I don't recognise any debt to you'

But any help in wording a good response letter would be appreciated.

Cheers

Yep it is the standard response from moorcroft. I have the same letter right in front of me obviously with the obvious differance.

Dont worry then are just trying to get the upper hand. If you want to write to them advise them that u will informing them of the relivant information as and when necessary as you dont think it is a good idea you tell them what u will produce without knowing yourself.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

ahhhh standard cr** just ignore and see what they send next, keep everything sent and received.

im guessing the next you hear could be on the lines of

' on this occasion we can not obtain the CCA and we will be sending the account back to the original lender'

good luck :)

Winny

That may not be the case. It depends on who the cca request was for as in was it a catalogue or what.

My cca request went to moorcroft and the reply came from littlewoods so i have wrote to them advising that littlewoods have said they have nothing enclosing a copy of the letter.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

thanks godmother

can you remind me, is there not a 12 day limit thing where they have to provide the cca, and is it so many days after that where they are committing an offence?

I can't find the thread where I read something about this!

It's ineresting how each comapny reacts differently. Mercers sent me an application form and a standard copy of terms and conditions, then said this was sufficient by law. Moorcroft say 'sorry we can't find it yet' - Are Barclays/Mercers just trained to be more forceful.

It's just such a different tactic from 2 companies who do the same thing?

hi godmother, mine was littlewoods also, moorcroft sent me the above response that unitedfan has got, i was advised to igore it, which i did, then littlewoods sent me a blank application form :p

i take your point though and yes it does very much depend on what its for and who the OC is :)

united fan.

the crimal offence part now no longer exists. this went out earlier this TAX year when the CPUTR2008 came in.

They still have 12 working days, Monday to friday except any bank holidays or public holidays which may cause the office to be closed as in christmas day boxing day new years day good friday etc.

Now on your barcley /mercaers question they are no better than the rest of the pondlife that try anfd fob u off. U might want to advise them that they have not complied but dont hold your breath about them complying as they never do.

They know the rules and need to stick to them. I will post a few interesting barcleys thread that have been fun following

winny.

you will find that that is the template letter that everyone gets the only differances are the name and address of each recepiant is put on the letter.

some companys do send the response to the DCA and othrs dont. It really does not matter who replys as it doe not effect if it is enforcable or not.