HFO Services Scaring my 15 Year Old Daughter - COURT ACTION !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I too had this kind of hassle from 3 and from a debt agency. I refused to pay the debt agency as i owed nothing to 3, in fact they owed me although i never actually received anyhting from them.

I tried contacting 3 head office but received no reply and as everyone who has had the pleasure of phoning 3 'customer services' knows, they are worse than useless.

I eventually got the executive office email off this website:

Complain to Three (Hutchison 3G)

and contacted them. Amazingly, they replied and i got to speak to someone with sense (yes, there are some working for 3 - honest!) and the matter was cleared up within a few days. I didn't get any money back off them and perhaps should have persued it but they didn't get any more money off me either and they called off the dogs - sorry, debt agency. I did make sure the guy i spoke to personally sent me a letter confirming everything that had been agreed and i did send emails confirming everything that had been said on the phone (as in: i am just writing to confirm what has been agreed in our conversation on the phone on the phone on *date*. You will infrom the debt agency etc etc...) They don't reply to these emails but at least they know you're on the ball. For anyone in the same position, try and put EVERYTHING in writing and keep copies.

There are also some good links on this page:

Debt Collection Harassment | Debt Advice | Payplan

Don't give up. Some debt collection agencies are unbelievably corrupt as are (in my opinion) 3 and we shouldn't let them get away with it.

GOOD LUCK!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My family received a letter from Turnbull Rutherford who are of course HFO Capital Limited too.

In the letter they apologised for the distress caused and stated the individual concerned at HFO Capital had been dismissed.

Turnbul Rutherford whi si of course the infamous Alasdair TURNBULL offered a £100 payment to a charity of our choice!

Does anyone have the home telephone number of Mr Alasdair TURNBULL?

My family received a letter from Turnbull Rutherford who are of course HFO Capital Limited too.

In the letter they apologised for the distress caused and stated the individual concerned at HFO Capital had been dismissed.

Turnbul Rutherford whi si of course the infamous Alasdair TURNBULL offered a £100 payment to a charity of our choice!

Does anyone have the home telephone number of Mr Alasdair TURNBULL?

Grrr...He should be paying you and your family :mad:

I agree with BB, you and your family should be compensated for the distress caused. Maybe he is hoping you will say, please donate to the DCA Benevolent Fund!:mad: Sorry don't have his home number!

The way things are going they're going to need that donation :p

Naturally John we can't publish that kind of data on here! But if you do a 'whois' internet lookup on turnbullrutherford.co.uk and look at the registrant, it may give you a starting point.

Wonder whether that person was sacked in India or the UK? Of course, Mr T has no knowledge of this kind of thing going on. He had taken full responsibility, and sacked a minion. He must be very, very full of regret.

He's certainly full of something.

How about asking Mr t to make the cheque payable to CAG? or would that really stick in his craw?

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Okay. I wrote to the court requesting guidance on claiming expenses from HFO. Today I received a reply enclosing form N244 (attached)

Does anyone have experience of this form and how best it should be completed?

Thanks

John

n244.pdf

John, I think the first stage is a letter to HFO/Turnbulls, laying out your claim and asking nicely. Given that they were prepared to take you to court, issued a claim and you had to do a lot of research, and they discontinued, they should meet any reasonable claim. The consensus of the cognoscenti on here would suggest a figure of close to £300 would be reasonable. You might want to suggest £400 and expect an offer.

If they don't play ball, then it's the court route I'm afraid, but I'd strongly suggest a polite request first up. There's quite a few example letters on here - but can I refer you to Post 96 by PT in this thread? Did you get that sent? Think that's the first option. As you had filed your defence, they are stuffed (being a donkey, I much prefer 'stuffed' to 'filleted').

My polite request for costs was rejected and I was referred to the court process. Surely you didn't expect these bandits to cough up?

£300 to £400 won't recompence me for the time I actually spent researching and defending this case! Quadruple it and you maybe closer.

This is an event that happened over 5 years ago! I had to search through mountains of data to gather together the facts. I spent hours on the phone, I travelled to a previous address, not only to console my daughter from these predators, but also to gather information.

My case for harrassment is on hold just now awaiting the decision of an appeal.

They refused your costs? Idiots, given the aggravated nature of their claim! Need a bit of PT's input on this now, I'm out of my depth, but I think it's an N244 and about £35. Some of it could come under CPR48, but again, that's PT's field. Maybe PM him for advice.

Maybe you should let You and Yours know what they've been up to since... they also had a couple of bits in the Mail on Sunday. Such nice people. Not.

data safe i am familiar with a N244 what would u like to know.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

The silent telephone calls

The making of silent telephone calls can constitute a criminal offence under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. This makes it unlawful for a person to pursue a course of conduct that causes another harassment where that person knows or ought to know that his conduct causes harassment and the conduct is not, in the circumstances, reasonable.Course of conduct is conduct on more than one occasion, and there have been several telephone calls, so it appears that there has been a course of conduct. It is also clear that this is causing you harassment. Harassment is not defined, but it includes causing alarm and distress, and this is clearly causing you distress. It is also likely that the person making the calls knows or ought to know that this is causing harassment – it is general knowledge that silent telephone calls can be disturbing and upsetting to those that received them. If you have at any time said on receiving the calls something like ‘stop calling me, this is upsetting me’, then there would be little argument that the maker of the calls knew that the calls were causing you distress.I suggest that, on the facts as I understand them, the maker of the calls would have difficutly showing that his actions were reasonable in the circumstances. Although it is reasonable to seek to recover a debt, it is unlikely that to do so by making silent telephone calls to a person who finds them distressing would be considered reasonable.So I suggest that, on the facts as I understand them, the person making a telephone calls is committing a criminal offence. Therefore you should consider going to the police and reporting the crime. I suggest that you may want to gather as much evidence of the calls as you can – you should keep a record of the calls you receive, and note down the exact time of call, and its duration, and also any content of the call – if it is a completely silent call or whether there is any noise at the other side. If your phone has a caller number display, you should note this down, or note down if the number was withheld. You may also want to contact your telephone service provider for further advice and support on how to deal with these calls.

You should then take this record to the police. They may be able to work with the phone company and be able to ascertain who made the calls and take appropriate action.hope this information is of some assistance. I wish you all the best in resolving your problems

so if you already have information you can then take steps to prosecute firstly when proven you then have access to crimminal compensation and secondly then you can begin a case for providing the n244 hope this help

patrickq1

www.yourrights.org.uk

www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk

Thrilling reading this post and I truly HOPE you get some form of compensation as I can't believe they have given you so much crap for so long and now they are just trying to sneak off without some form of reward or compensation for yourself and your family Data.From what I have read they have just put up obstacle after obstacle in front of you and I hope you get what you ask for and more becuase of it. The sad thing is I wonder how many unfortunate people don't know their rights and cave under the kind of pressure you had in the end just coughing up the money. Sad Face :-(

These people act like bandits and criminals in their approach to bullying people to give them what they want.

I wasn't aware until joining this site just how sneaky and coniving these DCA are but now I am all to familiar.

VICTORIES TO DATE THROUGH THE HELP OF THIS SITE:

1. Littlewoods Catalouge - No pursual of debt & wrote off £4500

2. Three mobile - Debt written off in full, all adverse entries including default removed from credit files, even got an apology from the Chairmans office

3. HSBC Bank - Partial refund for bank charges & claim lodged at court for outstanding charges.

4. HFC Bank - Ongoing - SAR'd in may- Going to register at court for non compliance.

5. Barclaycard - Being very awkward but Ongoing - These are a tricky bunch but they will fold before I do.

GOD BLESS CONSUMER ACTION GROUP!

• 5 months later...
data safe i am familiar with a N244 what would u like to know.

WoW, didn't get any notifications of posts made to this thread!!

I've taken a bit of a breather since all the bl**dy hastle I had from HFO. The latest is that they sacked the person responsible and made a £100 donation to the charity of my children's choice.

I did complete and submit forms N244 but got no response from the court. It was only recently that I got around to ringing the court to find out what was going on - they had no record of the forms being received. I guess I completed them incorrectly anyway, so maybe not a bad thing!!

The court staff confirmed there was no time limit to claim and I would like to do this. I did think of getting a solicitor to handle it for me but there's little interest in such small maters.

If anyone here would like to undertake completion and submission of the forms, I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks

John

Edited by datasafe

Hi Datasafe.

Please note that this site is run as a charity.

Nobody charges or accepts payments from any other user.

To do so would be directly against the site rules.

All help on this site is free. All we ask is that when your claim is resolved, you consider making a donation towards the running costs of the site.

This is a self-help site and all the information that you need to do it yourself is here, if you just look for it. Any problems, just post and someone will be along to help.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....