1st Credit Statutory demand

all alone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I really am at my wits end with these people. I have admitted to owing this large debt, mine is a stupid tale of trust and betrayel. I met my partner some 8 years ago he moved in but was not on the electoral roll foolishly - with hindsite - I took out a number of credit cards. He left 2 years ago reducing the household income by some £1300.00 per month. I wrote to my creditors, offering I suppose meagre amounts, three accepted. One debt - Goldfish - had been sold to Moorcroft Debt collection and they agreed to accept £50 per month, a standing order was set up and payments made on time. Then last April I received a demand from 1st Credit, they have sent letters with varying amounts of money owing to them - so they say. I have written 5 times without success they sent me a standing order mandate but it was for £150 three times what I had originally agreed, and I just could not afford it. I did set the standing order up for the original amount of £50 which I have and still are paying. They will not tell me what happend to the money paid to Moorcroft as the amount First Credit asked for had increased quite substantially to what the original debt was. I have asked for statements showing the charges assigned to the account I get not response. About 3 weeks ago they said they were going for a final charging order against my property which would be sold to pay them back. I pointed out that by doing this they would not get their money back as there is insufficient equity in the property to pay back the mortgagee and other creditors. They again did not respond until Saturday when they sent notification that they intended going for a Statutory demand. These people are really wearing me down - I can understand how some people are driven to really drastic measures. I have sent them details of all my outgoings, pointed out that my other creditors have accepted the small payments I have offered even though it will take a great many years to pay things off. I accept I owe this money and want to pay it back - can anyone help me with these people?

Is the DCA Moorcroft?

Did you send your letters by recorded delivery?

All they are doing is trying to bully you into submission, the start earn bonuses on how much money they bring in and will not care at all about your circumstances :mad:

If you can set up a bank transfer into their account for £50 a month, you may be able to ask your bank for the sort code etc. make sure you cancel the SO that they set up for you.

If you did not send the letters by recorded delivery send them again this time by recorded delivery and also ask them for an upto date balance or statement

The original debt is owing to Goldfish sold (I think) to Moorcroft then 1st Credit reckon that the debt was assigned to them by Moorcroft - they (Moorcroft) never informed me of this, and continued to collect the agreed standing order payments from my bank account. When I asked 1st Credit for bank details they sent a standing order mandate for me to complete for £150 in favour of 1st Credit. I used the mandate details (1st Credits) and set up a standing order on line for £50 (as I could not afford £150), and cancelled the standing order in favour of Moorcroft.

Most of my letters to 1st Credit have been sent recorded delivery, and in the last one which I did sent recorded delivery I enclosed copies of the 4 previous letters I had sent. Within these letters were requests for a breakdown of all the charges on the account as the debt had increased by nearly £1000 from the original amount. I also asked what had happend to the money I paid since September last year, I got not response. The only letters I have had is one from Moorcroft in June this year - one line saying they are no longer dealing with the account, one from 1st Credit saying about me disputing the amount owing and that they would answer within 6 weeks - they never did - and I did ask again in subsequent letters when they intended to provide me with this information, a letter telling me I had defaulted on the payment arrangement - they have never had a payment arrangement with me, and the two threatening letters - one about obtaining a charging order dated 11 August and one about obtaining a statutory demand dated 14 August. I still have copies of all the communication I have received from both Moorcroft and 1st Credit.

They just will not respond to my letters and I've read on this website that these people really do mean business - I just do not know what to do anymore.

• 2 months later...

Hey there I was in court with first credit today and got help off the site. Has anyone been helping you? I spoke to CCCS yesterday and they said they get at least four of the SDs from 1st credit every day.

Mine is adjourned for 28 days. Since the ego maniacs put in writing that they did not have to produce a statutory default, deed of assignment or explain an account that is different than one I have ever owned and in dollars! They have been told to produce all that info.

CCCS are actually relatively helpful-it's relative-some people like any organisation are not. This site is helpful and then I used CCCS to do a debt management plan.

Well I hope someone is helping you-otherwise-drop me a line.

Bye JDC

PS

Note I was super stressed about going to court, being there -and I am not stressed about things usually. So I can see where you are coming from.