Parking Charge Notice From Parking Eye

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

btw, they will have got this address from the DVLA. Have you updated the DVLA with your new address? Not having done so could be a bigger problem for you than this stupid PPC invoice if, for example, you get flashed by a speed camera and miss a "real" PCN being sent to your old address.

Yeah, thanks... they just managed to get me on the dvla mid-transfer of details, luckily! :) I do have a redirect too for next 9 months still so I should be able to get the next few letters from them, for fun. :)

I had heard a while ago that these sorts of notices were un-enforceable (watchdog I think), but I never imagined people like moto and b&q, who survive because of their customers ability to drive/park, would hire such a sham of a company... stupidly I didn't think to check parkingeye's reputation online before even acknoledging their letter.... sigh... might as well follow it through tho.

@Lamma - yeah, I did consider not even bothering with the letter, but I'm so annoyed by them I am quite interested to see how far they will push, and I get to do all this knowing that bailiffs won't even set foot in my front garden, since they have the completely wrong address anyway, not that they would get more than a door slamming in their face if they did find the new one! ;)

@all - I feel alot better after reading through some of the posts on here, definately alot more confident now that I'm not going to end up with ccj's etc (yes, they were mentioned over the phone!?)... this is a really useful site, so thanks.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get to do all this knowing that bailiffs won't even set foot in my front garden, .

For bailiffs to be involved it first needs to go to court and then you have to lose:-D Then you have to refuse to pay and THEN bailiffs may be involved.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

For bailiffs to be involved it first needs to go to court and then you have to lose:-D Then you have to refuse to pay and THEN bailiffs may be involved.

regards

Doh... good point! :D

If you want to play with them, just send them a letter back saying you "Regret that their appeal for money has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Therefore, this is an official Notice of Rejection".

If you want to play with them, just send them a letter back saying you "Regret that their appeal for money has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Therefore, this is an official Notice of Rejection".

I like that idea... I could also just duplicate their threatening letters, switching out my details for their details, but replace all parking fine references for a "stupidity fine"... :D

I like that idea... I could also just duplicate their threatening letters, switching out my details for their details, but replace all parking fine references for a "stupidity fine"... :D

If you have a look on the DCA forum on CAG you will note that a few posters have been doing this for some time to DCA's...and thier brilliantly funny!! :):D

If you believe that this post has helped in any way please click on the star to the left

DDWales Vs Barclaycard-*Won* http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/174860-ddwales-barclaycard.html

DDWales Vs Natwest-*Won*

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/210090-ddwales-natwest.html

-Reclaim the Right-

If you have a look on the DCA forum on CAG you will note that a few posters have been doing this for some time to DCA's...and thier brilliantly funny!! :):D

Will have a look... could do with a laugh! :)

Hello all,

Have been reading your letters about Parking Eye Ltd thank you. My friends daughter has had one, but they have sent a photograph of her in her car as well. Does this change anything? :|

I think the only thing that changes is that they know what the person ignoring them looks like... still isn't enforceable by law... but I'm just going off what I've read up on the last day.

Hello all,

Have been reading your letters about Parking Eye Ltd thank you. My friends daughter has had one, but they have sent a photograph of her in her car as well. Does this change anything? :|

Hi there. The photograph is irrelevant so tell her not to panic. Its just a [problem] regarding an unenforcable invoice. Have a read around the Parking Forum and youll see where im coming from:)

If you believe that this post has helped in any way please click on the star to the left

DDWales Vs Barclaycard-*Won* http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/174860-ddwales-barclaycard.html

DDWales Vs Natwest-*Won*

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/210090-ddwales-natwest.html

-Reclaim the Right-

The PPCs want people to believe that the photo changes things. It doesn't.

Did you expect that there would any non-misleading statements in their [problem] letters ? There isn't. its mail [problem] from beginning to end.

Hello all,

The photograph means nothing as has been stated, if they wanted to take it further their problem would be, how do they identify the person in the photograph, nobody is under any obligation to help them.

regards

oooh!!! I wish I had read this like 3 weeks ago, I received a PCN through, and I paid it, £40 it was if paid within 14days - and they will charge you £2.50 extra if you try to pay using their Automated system either by debit or credit card.

Knowing what I know now I would have ignored them.

I feel like i wasted my money in this recession times.

• 8 months later...

HI all. Been following the postings. A couple of areas you might like to check are

a) The Code of Practice at the British Parking Assn website - a small link well down the public page. Then compare any actions / letter received against the CoP.

b) Type in Sillitoe Tartan on Google - see who makes claim to that tartan.

c) Type in Consumer Protection Regs, 2008 on Google. They make a very interesting read (see Regs 5,6 & 7) and are enforced by OFT.

• 1 month later...
I have asked for some evidence of who was driving the car was this the wrong thing to do?

The wrong thing to do was contacting them. From now on ignore them and don't contact them again. They will soon lose interest in you.

Why is it so bad to contact them is it just that your kinda encouraging them/keeping the ball rolling?

Will this work I dont want to end up paying them more in the long run?

Should I not write a letter then explaining that it was not me in the car?

The wrong thing to do was contacting them. From now on ignore them and don't contact them again. They will soon lose interest in you.

Why is it so bad to contact them is it just that your kinda encouraging them/keeping the ball rolling?

Will this work I dont want to end up paying them more in the long run?

Should I not write a letter then explaining that it was not me in the car?

STOP !!!

Do not write in - that is exactly what they want you to do. Its a mail scan, do NOT play along. just ignore them and they will go away after sending some (unlawful) letters. Have a read on here about Parking eyes and PPCs in general.

What about this?

Rochdale News | News Headlines | Judge enforces parking penalty in landmark case - Rochdale Online

That is a one-off case where the defendant made some mistakes.

If you have read other threads on you will realise that the best plan is to ignore them. They will eventually go away. Believe me.

That is a one-off case where the defendant made some mistakes.

If you have read other threads on you will realise that the best plan is to ignore them. They will eventually go away. Believe me.

I may have cocked up and on the phone let on that it may have been me do you reckon this will be logged that I said this?

Sunshine83,

By engaging with them, firstly, you are giving them the credibility they crave, secondly, they now believe by increasing the threatening letters you will (as you seem to be doing) panic and pay them.

You do realise that this is a [problem] don't you?

You ARE NOT dealing with a lawful authority just a Private company with no more rights to demand money from you than my cat.

regards