can anyone help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I tried that once and stopped all payments and asked them to take me to court (thought it would be easier to get blacklisted then deal with these people) but they stressed me out sooooo much iwas in tears and couldnt sleep, answer the phone and kept the door chained up. It was harder for me to ignore them then face them. Wescot has left me a phone message asking me to contact them AGAIN. I think they want to do another 'review'

Exactly...they bully you into doing/paying what they want.

If you just curl up in the corner & hope they go away, they wont - you have to lay the law down to them & start making their lives a misery in return - once you do, is the day they will leave you alone for good.

I don't think I would go as far as to stop paying, at least not until they have been put into dispute.

You owe the bank and not the dca's they cannot legally collect from you as you have no agreement with them, your agreement is with the bank and the dca cannot add interest to the debt either.

When you send a cca request to each of the dca's they will answer that they are applying to the bank to get the agreement from them to send to you. Just because you remember signing agreements does not mean they still exist, but as it was only a few years ago then they probably do.

Have you had any assignment letters from the dca or from your bank saying they have bought these debt or they are collecting on behalf of the bank?

No,no assignment letters. They are ringing me to ask an increase in payment, can i dispute this and put the account on hold if they do not accept my offer? Coz I can afford £10 a month i am trying to just pay the bloody thing and for them to leave me alone but they won't. I really am a confident person but i feel out of my depth in this business which is why i am stressed. I like to know how things run in....

hello cheesecake,

ive read your thread and just wanted to show you some support from another mum, i know the info you have been given is fantastic, in my early days i remember i was as frightened as you, but really stay calm and keep learning all you can -

it will enpower you i promise, so pls keep posting and ill subscribe to your thread and if nothing else i promise to give you support, im doing my own debt management plan and got them on payments but mainly credit cards debts, but now im tackling all the credit card agreements, because i want to know where i stand legally.

anyway keep positive and take note of the advice given and shout if you need any other help

take care and keep happy ciao for now MAZ

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Cheesecake,

The golden rule on these forums is to never discuss anything over the 'phone.... and the reason they persist in trying to get you on the 'phone is because it's the easiest way of intimidating the living daylights out of you. If they 'phone you again, just hang up. Don't worry about it, don't feel guilty about it... just hang up. If they catch you off-guard one day before you have the chance to hang up... then just say "in writing only please" and then hang up. :)

Are all these debts either loan or credit card debts ?

I, and others, have forgotten one of the most important things of all CC

from this moment on do NOT speak to them on the phone at all.

All future contact with them is to be by recorded delivery letter.

I can't stress how important this is.

OK i owe moorcroft £2000, i owe wescot £20,000 (interest added to original loan), intrum justitia £1700. This is from a loan, creditcard and unauthorised overdraft with Barclays. from about 3 yrs ago.

A CCA needs to go to all of these muppets by rec. delivery. Who added the "interest added to original loan" that Westcott now have ? Did Westcott add it or the original creditor ?

On the face of it, the Intrum Justitia one looks like an amalgamated balance, so if they've shoved it all together under one fantasy "Agreement", they'll be up the Swanny anyway.... :lol:

hello cheesecake,

ive read your thread and just wanted to show you some support from another mum, i know the info you have been given is fantastic, in my early days i remember i was as frightened as you, but really stay calm and keep learning all you can -

it will enpower you i promise, so pls keep posting and ill subscribe to your thread and if nothing else i promise to give you support, im doing my own debt management plan and got them on payments but mainly credit cards debts, but now im tackling all the credit card agreements, because i want to know where i stand legally.

anyway keep positive and take note of the advice given and shout if you need any other help

I will happily give CC that giding hand along to get to my stage....;-)

Aren't the people on here just wonderful and not forgetting P1, who makes the worlds best cuppa.

• Haha 1

hello cheesecake,

You know i SWEAR i feel so much better just being on this forum, my family are supporting me but they just don't understand how difficult i am finding this whole thing. They keep saying ignore them and they will go away but they haven't and i don't think they will until something 'official' is in place.

Thank you all so much. I now need to buy a load of stamps and get all this started. request CCA and respond to telephone harrassment!

• Haha 1

A CCA needs to go to all of these muppets by rec. delivery. Who added the "interest added to original loan" that Westcott now have ? Did Westcott add it or the original creditor ?

On the face of it, the Intrum Justitia one looks like an amalgamated balance, so if they've shoved it all together under one fantasy "Agreement", they'll be up the Swanny anyway.... :lol:

i have no idea about interest added or even how much the original loan/credit card bill was. I didnt get to use the money i just have to deal with the aftermath!

Ok... no worries.:)

As I understand it, you have 3 DCAs currently chasing you for payment. Send a CCA request to each one by rec. delivery and wait for a written response. This is a legal request for a true copy of the doc. that was allegedly signed at the time the loan/credit card was taken out and banks are (sometimes) notoriously bad at keeping hold of them.... and even worse at supplying a copy to any DCA chasing payment;:D whether they've bought the account(s) or not.

As previously stated by other members... enclose a postal order for the £1 fee in with each request, initial (don't sign) it at the bottom and send each one by rec. delivery. Keep all rec. delivery receipts very safe...as these are your proof that requests were made and when.

There is nothing more to do at this stage other than not to speak to any of these muppets on the 'phone for whatever reason. This is not because they'll do anything to you... it's simply to protect you from listening to any of their intimidating cr*p. This is what they're paid to do... they're not interested in you or your circumstances.

Although it's highly unlikely that anyone will turn up at your door (I had a visit once though :rolleyes:)... please don't worry about this. These people are not bailiffs, have no right of entry and in fact, actually have no rights at all. You however, can either tell them to naff off, threaten them with the police, or actually call the police.

If you have any other worries, please ask... :)

Edited by PriorityOne

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is feeling brilliant today coz i am. I know it wasn't much but i had a call from wescot about increasing payments and i think i dealt with it quite well! Normally our phone conversations end with me crying and having agreed to something i couldnt afford lol.

My daughter answered the phone and passed it to me so i felt obliged to speak. First i felt quite sick in the stomach then i just stood up and spoke very cheerfully and explained my situation and told them i couldnt afford £30 a month they went on and on and i just looked at myself in the mirror and smiled then she said she will refer me to the legal team and that was it.

I read the sticky to do with telephone harrassment and i swear that REALLY helped me:D. Need a few days to sort out CCA request etc. got the kids at home (holidays) so need to occupy them ALL day.

• 5 years later...

Hello everyone,

my past has come back to haunt me!

I am sincerely grateful for all the help you have given me in the past, it really helped me get through a really traumatic stage in my life, with debt.

All the companies that were on my case in 2008 all backed off and left me alone.

Today I got a letter from Cabot saying they have taken over my debt from Barclays £1700, originally taken out in 2004/2005 around that time.

Can they now all these years later try and reinforce this? I was paying back until 2008 (3 different companies) it was masses and has come down a great deal, but am I still under obligation to pay them?

I am in a much better place now, im working, taking care of my 3 kids and managing. only problem is tax credits and housing benefit have both overpaid me (their fault for not updating information that I provided and they have accepted that) and I am in the process of paying them back, don't want yet another company :(

Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.

Cheesecake

if its been 6yrs its statute barred.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if its been 6yrs its statute barred.

dx

I last paid a company in aug 2008 (until I came here and grew bold!) This seems to be a new company that has taken over.

I took out the loan in 2004 paid until my partner left and I had to go onto benefits with my kids. When they contacted me again in 2007 I continued to pay as much as I was able, until there threats for more and more got too much for me.

This time round I am not scared like I used to be, but just want to know how to handle the situation, so far one letter asking me to make payment arrangements.

Advice appreciated x

quite honestly i'd ignore them.

its a fishing trip

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if its an old debt but new company possibly 3rd, what rules apply, any idea?

This is Cabot Financial chasing this?

For peace of mind make a SAR to Barclays asap there is much wrong with Barclays reporting and management of credit data coming to light.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: