RBS OUTRAGEOUS charges from my benefit.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks. I was laid off in April (another victim of the construction crunch). I had to swallow my pride and make a claim for Jobseekers allowance. I was having my Housing Benefit paid into my RBS account but because SkyTV insisted on incorrectly doubling my subscription fee, I ended up having some charges applied to my account at £38 a time...£38, no wonder every working man/woman in this country is skint. The charges got so bad that I can't even use the account anymore and Sky can really f*** off as well as I've had no end of hassle just trying to get them to take the correct monthly payment. But anyway that's a thread for another forum. The story so far is that I've sent a letter template that I found posted by a forum member called TopcatDC where I've asked all charges to be refunded within 7 day as the Social Security states that not one charge can be taken from money a person needs to live on. 7 days have now passed and I've heard nothing. Does anyone have any advice on the best course of action to take next?

Hi shytalk

Please read this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/125278-social-security-administration-act.html

You are now probably in a cycle that will be difficult to get out of with RBS. You need to open a basic accouint elsewhere or with the PO and have your benefits paid there. Otherwise RBS will be taking £38 or more off you every week.

Once you have the new account in place, start a claim against RBS for the repayment of the charges using the 'normal' method. The claim will get stayed once you get to the court phase but you will get the cahrges repaid once the OFT case is complete. If RBS take you to court, you will have a goodchance of getting their claim stayed too.