Equifax False Advertising Campaign more ammo against CRA!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Part of my strategy when approaching my battle with the CRA's is to look at what they offer prospective clients and work backwards. I came across the "Risk Explorer" package recently and I really took exception to the way Equifax advertises this bundle. So much so that I thought I would set the Advertising Standards Authority on to the case. Just can't see what harm is involved getting a regulatory body investigating what goes on in in the seedy relationship between a CRA and a DCA.

Have a look on the Equifax website and see what you think about the "Insight Delinquent" "Insight default" and the "Insight Positive" databases of "Consumer Credit Agreements.

Implies to me that these are accurate and authorative databases of cca's suitable for the purpose intended.

Of course if like myself you have information stored in the Insight databases which you know to be untrue then you have valid grounds for complaint to the ASA in the matter.

I have and just in case any of you out there feel the same way you'll find a really good form here.

And just to make it even easier I'll give you some guidance below.

Go here.

Complaints Step 1

First bits are self explanatory

In step 3 enter

Equifax website whilst researching my unmerited problems with them.

Todays date. Derrrrr

Step 4

Advertisers – Equifax

Product- Risk Navigator

Step 5

My complaint centres around these three sub products of the Risk Navigator bundle.

Positive Insight* Data

Delinquent Insight* Data

Default Insight* Data

I take exception to the following advertising slogan.

*Insight is Equifax’s database of Consumer Credit Agreements.

This implies that the “Insight Database” is an accurate and authorative representation of Consumer Credit Agreements and it is clear to me that this product is being sold and advertised on these grounds.

This simply is not true.

The Insight database advertised by Equifax is a database to which any customer of Equifax may add information for a fee. There is a vested interest by virtue of the fee for Equifax not to refuse data submissions. Those submitting this information to the Insight database also may at times have a vested interest in so far as this database is used to apply pressure and coerce people into paying sums of money they might not otherwise contrary to the requirements of Section 40(1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, contrary to the Office of Fair Trading directive on unfair practice and contrary to the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 as defined under Paragraphs 39, 41,42,43 and 44 of the Information Commisioners Office own guidance in the matter.

It is common for incorrect data to be lodged in this database yet since the database controller and the data submitters share a common financial interest it is extremely difficult in practice for those about whom incorrect and damaging information is lodged to have it amended or removed.

This inaccurate information is then published as truth on a monthly basis and made available to any subscriber.

Important decisions affecting the livelihood of the data subject are made on the strength of the data held within the database and much damage can be done unlawfully and very often without either the knowledge or consent of the data subject.

I therefore request you investigate my claims and if finding them proven true enforce the company known as Equifax to print the following disclaimer each time they reference the Insight database and to make all their existing customers of this product aware of the inherent inaccuracies within the product.

“Warning this database of Consumer Credit Agreements is subject to inaccuracy caused by the failure of the database holder to ensure records within it are legally meritorious or accurate, at any particular time an unknown percentage of records contained within this database are subject to formal legal complaint by the data subject”.

Step 6 select “yes”

Heres the link

Credit Risk Evaluation

Explain to click the “Risk Navigator” button

Edited by Toulose LeDebt
  • Haha 1

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

Done, with great pleasure Toulose!

I think this is a brilliant tactic to cause damage to them by reducing their professional credibility. It's a tactic I had not thought about at all.

My complaint has been made not for revenge but because I genuinely believe their advertising is false.

In my case they have consistantly denied any copies of agreements, Notice of Assignments or Default Notices which I contend they should hold on file to guarantee their claim of 'A Database of Consumer Agreements'

Well done! You are a star in my book!

Sounds like you had a valid cause for complaint to me hme4X4.

ASA unlike the OFT etc do not need hundreds or thousands of complaints before they take action, they are a much more proactive regulatory body. Fingers crossed enough people also have a similarly valid complaint about Equifax's advertising to force the ASA to take action to stop Efx. making money from selling incorrect information on the false basis it's accurate.

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

Another excellent thread Toulose. I'll have to remember not to get on the wrong side of you! 36_6_7.gif

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

As my grump is about Equifax and their chums in the financial industry, since last December 07, Equifax has put my current account on their data and it has only showed up on my credit report last December. Unfortunately, I used talk talk as my provide for the internet and they did not send my bill as usual by email this month. However, I have been paying it by direct debit with my current account the Co-op. My state pension goes into the Co-op every week on Sunday evening. Today, I received a letter from the Co-op stating that an item D/Debit under reference Carphone Warehouse for the amount of £22.00 was declined because of insufficient amount of money in my account. The Co-operative letter is dated 1st August and they have advised me that they will be taking £19.50 from my account each day. I expect that will be about 3 days of £19.50 which the Co-Operative bank will be taking from my state pension.

My account with the Co-operative is a minder account and I have been paying the carphone warehouse for over a year and half, with a minder account should the Co-Operative be aware that this money come out of my account every month and therefore keep enough money in my account for it. This is the first time this has happened to me with the Co-operative bank and I have been with them since 2003 also as I have sent off my complaint to the ICO regarding Equifax allowing unauthorized DCA into my private date I would is this connected in any way. Bless the bank they have sent me an Income and Expenditure account to fill-out for them. I do not think I will be doing as as soon as possible I will be changing my account to anther bank if I am allowed to do that.:-?

Suggest you start new thread in the Co-op forum for this Allwood as you would probably get more individaul help there.

However MO FWIW, my first stop would be with the Co-op Bank. Have you contacted them & asked them to sort it? They are regulated by the Banking Code, which can now be enforced by the CPUTR 2008.

Have you 2 accounts with the Co-op? You mention DD to TalkTalk going out of current account but also minder account. Also you mention DCA, is this in connection with a Co-op current or minder account? Is the DCA acting for the Co-op? :confused:

Not sure that the appearance of your data on Equifax has anything to do with this issue, probably just coincidence. But you usually give the bank etc. the right to process your data in this way under the T&Cs when you sign to open the account so Equifax can do that unless you withdraw that consent by sending the bank a S10 notice under DPA Act 1998.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Thanks foolishgirl for your reply, I will open this thread on the appropriate place, but you asked me if I had two accounts no I just opened a cash minder account with the horrible bank mentioned in 2003. My internet provider is talk talk and I pay them by direct debit ever month from my cash minder account and I have other direct debt going out from the cash minder account.

However, my talk talk account is taken out some times at the end of the month and other times on the 1st or 2nd of the next month. I did not receive a talk talk account this month by way of email that is probably why I was not keeping an eye on my account. I could not believe it this morning when I received the letter from the Co-Operative bank stating that they have taken so much from my account. I will certainly check it tomorrow with them and also contact talk talk tomorrow as well regarding them not sending me a bill. I mentioned Equifax because it was only just recently that the put my account with the Co-Operative on my credit report with no defaults whatsoever and as Equifax likes duplicating accounts on the report as they have done with mine recently and I not others as well on CAG, I was wondering if they wanted to have another default added to my account as it is very bear now. Except for a trace that has yet to be removed by them.:eek:

Sorry everyone for intrupting the thread, but CRA's has got me a letter parnoided with what I have been put through recently by them and banks as well. :mad:

I have received two letters from Equifax stating that I should log on to their website for more information but I do not want to do this, as again this will probably make me seem parnoided, I do not trust theis greedy organisation as they will be able to trace what you are doing on your computer and maybe tap into peoples emails as well. :(

• 3 weeks later...