Harassment from Welcome Finance

paul26may
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been having difficulty repaying a loan to Welcome and they have offered to rejig it. Today they have phoned my parents (not for the first time!) because they couldn't get hold of me yesterday. My brother, who is home on leave from the army, apparently answered and they thought he was me and started to grill him accusing him of impersonation.

Is there something I can do to top them phoning my parents house. I don't live there and they know that.

Can you not write them a stern letter regarding them breaking the Data Protection Act by phoning a number that they know you do not reside at and discussing your (alleged) case with someone who was not you? Have you sent a CCA to welcome finance?

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Hang on then. Will find a letter that I sent to a DCA regarding harrassment. BRB

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Send them something like this.

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT

Dear morons,

I have repeatedly asked you to not communicate with me via the telephone, which you have ignored. Indeed you insist on calling a telephone number of a house where I do not live, and accusing someone of being me.

I will now require all correspondence to myself to be in the written form.

If you contact me, or continue to call the people who reside at the house which corresponds with the incorrect telephone number you hold, via the telephone I will view it as harassment and you will be in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. You would also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I would report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you could be liable to a substantial fine.

At this stage I am forwarding a copy of this complaint to both Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading informing them of the service that your company presents to its customers.

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Guest forgottenone
and they thought he was me and started to grill him accusing him of impersonation.

They've got a nerve! DCA would never impersonate, mislead anyone would they? Retorical question! How about their correspondence which mislead, frighten ... break various laws of harassment, intimidation ... make out they are bailiffs when they aren't?

So, yes, erm, they have already broken one law - Data Protection - alone by discussing this but then, quite insanely, accusing your brother of impersonation. I would also add that to the list of psychological harassment as well as they are implying something which would be an offense eg unfair practice. Yet are breaking it themselves. It would be gut excrutiatingly funny if not so serious. lol

Guest forgottenone

Oh, how did they come by your parents home number BTW? If you didn't give it to them ... and also what right have they to contact you there. Harassing your parents at the same time.

Guest forgottenone

There is one possible solution ... your parents could always contact the police for receiving unsolicited phone calls causing disruption to their lives as well as persistent alarm. After all it's nothing to do with your parents, DCA know that - they are using scare tactics. So deserve to be reported to relevent authorities. The matter does not concern your parents. If I put it in a more simplistic way they are using intimidation to get at you through your parents. Might sound OTT, but ... in context.

I have a loan with WF. They're not a DCA and they ask for third party details in case you disappear. They called my dad a couple of times, much to my embarassment.