Travel Republic misselling

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Having booked a holidy with travel republic, I arrived at 'my' salou hotel at 10pm at night with my 9 year old daughter and was told I was not booked in with them, and sent to another hotel (lower star and in another resort). 4 days later I was eventually moved back to resort but not the actual hotel I had booked.

Do I have any legal rights here- misselling goods and services etc.

I have wrote to TR and complained asking what they will do- but not heard back yet

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Did you get any money back.

They have refunded 1/2 of resorthoppa amount (we were kept waiting for over 1:30 mins at airport- and asked for 28 days to respond in full over hotel.

The hotel we were put in after 4 days (in bad hotel) was very good (may go back there next year !) but its more the principle and attitude of their staff (Travel Republic staff).

Maybe I'm turning into a grumpy old man, but I'm sick of been ripped off.

Will let you know their response

M

• 2 years later...

Beware of Travel Republic Problems with Reservation Changes

Please see the log below - and be aware that Travel Republic (travelrepublic.co.uk) may create problems in your vacation and you may incur the costs and waste of time which they will not compensate. This is a real log from my communication with Travel Republic and you can see how unprofessional and irresponsible they have been.

Travel republic caused losses to me in the amount of 450USD which I had to do to cancel all flight on the trip that they have confirmed as booked.

Do not Trus Travel Republic - See below their negligence, unprofessionalism and misbehavior.

________

(19 Jul 2011 06:03) We asked:

Thank you for contacting Travel Republic. If you wish to amend your dates to 20-31 Aug 2011 the new cost will be $2617.50 minus your previous balance $2418.00 this will be an outstanding balance of $199.50. Please advise how you wish to proceed and if you would like the additional payment to be taken from the original booking card. Please note that prices and availability are subject to change. Thank you. I hope this answers your question. Anything further, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you. Kind Regards Jemma ext 887 , Travel Republic.

(20 Jul 2011 07:31) You replied:

Thank you. I confirm the dates of 20-31 August.

Please kindly amend the dates as above and charge my original booking card.

Thank You

(20 Jul 2011 10:24) We asked:

Dear Mr Maisuradze,

Thank you for your response, I am really sorry but the cost to amend your booking to 20th August - 31st August has increased to an extra cost of $631.70 plus $20 TR admin fee. Please advise if you wish to proceed since prices are subject to change and availability and let us know if we can use the card on the booking to take the payment with.

Kind Regards

Travel Republic

(20 Jul 2011 11:08) You replied:

Please do it.

It's a pity to have the change, but I confirm anyway. Please do the changes and confirm

Zurab

(21 Jul 2011 01:55) We asked:

Dear Mr Maisuradze,

I am really sorry but we have given you the incorrect cost, as the cost given was in GBP and not in USD. Please be advised that the extra cost in USD will be $1416.61. I am really sorry for this mistake, please accept our sincere apology. Please could you advise us if you wish to proceed.

Kind Regards

Travel Republic

(21 Jul 2011 08:25) You replied:

Dear Travelrepublic - This is to file an official complaint. Such actions are not acceptable at all and has created a lot of problems for me already!. You have made mistake 3 times. You have made impression that the last qoute was OK, I have hence did my financial planning, and also rescheduled separately the flights. Now you write again of a mistake. While I have already incurred costs of travel flight changes, and now I need to somehow find financing for so great a difference!!!! This is infringement of customer rights and it's gonna be reflected very badly on your reputation!

I request you to cover the difference between the price you qouted me before and the price you qoute me now - Please reply immediately! I'm loosing time, money, and this has already become a case where I'd be seeking officially the remedy unless the dispute settled as I request NOW!

PLEASE RESPOND BY TOMORROW 15:00 in order for me to go ahead with relevant action

(22 Jul 2011 09:37) We asked:

Dear Mr Maisuradze,

I am really sorry and I do again apologize for the mistake, please do accept our sincere apology. Please be advised that this has been a genuine mistake that we have given you the costing in incorrect currency. I am sorry but we will not be able to cover half of the extra cost, but we would be able to cancel your booking free of charge. Please let us know what you would like us to do.

Kind Regards

Travel Republic

(22 Jul 2011 09:47) You replied:

Cancellation - Damages from Travel Republic to Customer Rights

1. Please cancel the booking and issue the refund to the same credit card that you charged immediately.

2. Please provide contacts for filing official complaint in your legal department.

3. Please be advised that the log of this correspondence will soon be published in several media sources as a demonstration of corporate misbehavior. You are welcome to provide contacts of your Public Relations should they wish to obtain the information on the published materials.

Hi

Having booked a holidy with travel republic, I arrived at 'my' salou hotel at 10pm at night with my 9 year old daughter and was told I was not booked in with them, and sent to another hotel (lower star and in another resort). 4 days later I was eventually moved back to resort but not the actual hotel I had booked.

Do I have any legal rights here- misselling goods and services etc.

I have wrote to TR and complained asking what they will do- but not heard back yet

Thanks

If you contact Consumer Direct and register complaint, they will give you a Number for reference, they will then tell you to send A LETTER HEADED - FINAL NOTICE - LETTER BEFORE ACTION (only do this if you are willing to see things through though) but keep Consumer Direct informed as they will monitor the case and advise,

I have a similiar situation but regarding flight and added charges after agreements. give them 14 days to respond (mine responded after that letter straight away E. Mailed/ lettered me, but they answered a lot of rubbish so I am responding to them to put facts to them they missed, also pointing out the time linit I gave them.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

:shock:

What exactly would the cause for action be?

More to the point, who "confirmed as booked"; when and where was that?

Notwithstanding the possibility that there is something yet to be seen to show that the company confirmed their acceptance of a booking, the correspondence with Mr Maisuradze appears to me to represent an ongoing negotiation, not a concluded contract.

• 4 weeks later...

I used Travel Republic for the first time to book my upcoming holiday and I'm really not happy with them. I booked the holiday 3 weeks ago and am due to fly out in 9 days. I had an email today saying that the hotel I booked was no longer available and I have been offered a hotel with two less stars a mile or two away. While I'm furious that they have tried to give me a hotel which isn't as good as the one I booked, I'm more annoyed about the location of the new hotel they have offered me - I never would have booked a hotel there. They seem to think it's fine because the new hotel is now more expensive than what I paid originally. Of course it is because I'm due to arrive in just over a week. I've looked on their website and it seems that the hotel they tried to offer me is about a third cheaper than the one I booked. If they'd told me three weeks ago that I couldn't have the hotel I wanted then I would have had plenty of options I would have been happy with for about the same price but since it's so close to my holiday everything is either booked out or stupidly expensive. I spent most of the afternoon on the phone to them and the best they could offer me was a 5% discount on a new hotel which still makes it a lot more expensive than what I would have paid three weeks ago. I've had to give them another £200 for a three day trip in order to get a hotel that I would be happy with. I've already sent an email to ABTA about this but I have to wait until tomorrow to call Kingston trading standards because they don't have an email address on their website.

• 5 months later...

Please save your money and do not book your holiday here.We booked it through travelrepublic as a five star hotel for out 2 week holiday for Christmas and my daughters first birthday.On arrival was soooo disappointed.The place was at the most a 3star ,rather than 5 as I was suggested.It looked like a cheap and really dated place.The food absolutely discusting and I was so disappointed I had to feed all this sh..t my little kids.Also,the cot provided to my toddler!!!you should have seen the state of it!the bottom had completely follen out,staff to fix it however I am 100% sure done it first time in their lifes.After it was supposedly fixed it was all soo ueaven and unstable.I was not brave enough to put my toddler in it.Kids playing are...please...it looked so uncared for,so filthy and discusting,deffinately not like a place I would like my child to play in.There is just too much to list...

Since it was Christmas day I knew that travlerepublic did not operate on the day I sent an email saying that I am not happy with the place and in no way am willing to spend there 2 weeks,requested to be contacted immediately,sent another email the next day.Still no responce.Waited one more day (so spent 3 days in total in this sh...place) and simply could not wait any loneger and waste my holidays so simply transfered to anothe much better,cleaned and safer place. Their staff member was very rude and every singel time I tried to express my concerns about it.There were so many people complaining to them aabout everything:food,facilities..etc..so please help yourselves and simply book another place to have an enjoyable holiday.Please also do not rely on travel republic or their star rating.It's all one huge [edit]!!!!!

Edited by honeybee13
Removing individual's name and possibly contentious word, as a precaution.

• 1 year later...

You are lucky if you just got put into another hotel.

I arrived at my Mallorca hotel near midnight, as planned and it was shut. I woke up the owner and she showed me that my booking had been cancelled (so she had not waited up for me). I had to pay again.

I got back home and contacted Travel Republic and they said they had booked the room through hotelbeds who had been informed that the room was cancelled (this took them over two months).

Apart from the fact that it was cancelled just several days before (I booked late) so I would get no refund, so a waste of time cancelling, until Travel Republic told me that they had booked the room through hotelbeds, there was no way I could have known this at the time to cancel via them (when the obvious course is to cancel with the people who I paid, TR).

I eventually got documentation from the hotel and have sent it to them but TR just deny everything, fob me off, and months and months go by, and in the end, they drop the case.

Search the internet and there are many people unhappy with Travel Republic who routinely cancel flights, cancel shuttles, cancel accommodation and sometimes even cancel whole holidays. People pay again expecting Travel republic to refund the money, and they do not.

Travel Republic prices might look cheap but if you have to pay again and don't get the money you paid refunded, suddenly they are no longer cheap.

Don't use Travel Republic.

Edited by honeybee13