Car Repossession by Welcome

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

dont know if i am posting in the correct place but here goes.............on 2nd July 2 bailiffs came to my house and said they had come to repossess my car on behalf of welcome finance. i was completely shocked, as i have had no communication from them re default notice or court order. I question this but the bailiff said all the paperwork was in order and pointed at his clip board. I was so gobsmacked i just allowed them to take the car. I bought the car in may 2005 and i have missed 5 payments. I have calculated all my payments and i have definately paid over a third...in fact my payments total £9448 and the total balance repayable is £16090. I definatley did not receive any default notice or any court papers. I have written to Welcome yesterday requesting copies of the default notice and court details and i posted this by recorded delivery. In my letter i have asked this be sent by return of post, i have also expressed my concern that they have repossessed the car unlawfully........i would be grateful of any advice u could give me and any action i can take. thanks

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi new welcome fighter

your in the right place

tell me you say you missed five payments

first of all was your account up to date when repo took place

and no

if you have paid the ammount stated they cannot repo with out a court order

did they say they were baliffs

normally its just a collection firm

The account wasnt up to date when they took the car.

They didnt say they were bailiffs but one had an id badge in his top pocket and i could see the word bailiff written on it

they left me a document which was a vehicle condition report from Welcome finance which i had to sign...on it it says agents name is Countrywide.

i was in process of contacting Welcome to come to a payment arrangement after seeking advice from CAB as i have had to deal with Mortgage arrears too...i am employed as a community support worker and i need a car for my job otherwise i cannot work, i am currently on 2 weeks leave so i am urgently trying to buy a runaround which really i cant afford..the money i spend on it would have been best put towards my payment arrears on the car.

sorry for the questions but need to be sure

take it from me i know

i had welcome up in court for there anticts

how many months were you in arrears

did you get a default notice

did they inform you they were going to repo the car

i know its 20 questions but knowing how these cowboys operate is in your favour

i was 3 months in arrears....no default notice was received...nor any court order.....and no i received no notification that they were going to repossess the car.....if i had done i would have acted immediately.....the 1st i knew of any repossession was when the guys turned up to take the car.

thats what i wanted to hear

you can calm down now

to do any enforcement action on an account, the account needs to be defaulted

i dont normally recomend this but check your credit file on line, its free for thirty days.

this is to check if welcome have put a default on your credit file.

if they have no worries as you should have received a default notice first.

you should have received a repo notice, again a no no from welcome.

this is all in your favour, welcome have acted illegally, not to mention they needed a court order in the first place.

you need to send welcome an sar. this will cost £10

that will give you your agreements and everything they have on you.

as its 2005, welcomes agreements then were mostly toilet paper and you are covered by the old cca regulations.

come back when you have the info from the credit ref agency and i will post a letter for comments to send to welcome

its looking good

thank you....i will do all that now...and come back once i have the information. Is it true that if they have acted illegally, am i in my rights to claim back all monies i have paid under the agreement?

claiming back payments is a dodgy area and not my area. some one else will be along on that score

the very least is adaquate compensation from the court or a replacement vehicle and damages

be warned, welcome are notoriouse for ignoring you and releasing documents, this could take six months to sort out but you have now got thousends of people behind you

i just viewed by free credit report as u advised and for Welcome its stating 1 payment late and no evidence of default it says as below:

In the last 35 months of account activity, the number of status 1-2 is 1 and the number of status 3+ is 0 the outstanding balance on the account is £5128.

print if off and keep in a safe place

welcome have broken more legislation than they did with me

do you have your old agreement to hand

the secret now is not to tip your hand

softly softly catchy monkey

your sar request will produce one

saying that in my case, do they have an agreement

welcome back then were lousy with administration, and even if they have one, an agreement being enforceble is another story

if you locate your agreement dont tell welcome (never) there is a reason for this

to post the agreement, minus personel details google photo bucket which is free

the agreement can then be checked

Hello there.

If the agreement was Hire-Purchase and regulated by The Consumer Credit Act your goods would have been 'protected' providing you have paid over 1/3 of the total finance. This means that, for repossession, the creditor would need a court order to take the car back UNLESS the lender has YOUR consent.

Have you signed anything? Did you read what it said?

If they have taken your vehicle in breach of s90 of The Consumer Credit Act 1975 then:

a) the agreement is terminated

b) you are released from ALL liability

c) you are entitled to all sums that have been paid under the agreement

It may also be possible to claim damages (e.g. for extra transport costs)

the only thing i signed was the vehicle condition report that the bailiffs/representatives brought, i have a copy of it here with me and all it is is a list of checkpoints that they ticked when they assessed the condition of the vehicle before they took it away.

IMG.jpg

just a rough draft, please step in to eddit/improve

short and to the point

send by special delievery as have a habit of getting lost with welcome

Edited by postggj

Just a quickie -

Ater your account number and before "dear sir/Madam"

insert the following phrase in BOLD

"LETTER BEFORE ACTION"

I know its at the bottom of the letter but should be Clear at the top so its the first thing the dumb people in there mailroom reads! LOL

Now im hoping Black Horse do the same to me as they have served default after missing just one payment! LOL

Id love the oppertunity to screw them! LOL

GOOD LUCK!

Halifax Bank - Owed £1599

23/3 - Data Protection Act sent

24/5 - Data Protection Act finally arrived

25/5 - Demand for repayment sent

04/10 Court bundle filed with court and Halifax

29/10 STAY ISSUED

JAN 08 - Currently being harrased by debt collectors!

Mar 08 - New DCA - Stopped in there tracks

Jun 08 - And another

Jul 08 - Complaint made to HBOS

Nov 08 - My accounts been sold to a DCA

Jan 09 - New complaint issued against HBOS

Mar 09 - Halifax re-aquired the debt

Apr 09 - Applying for Hardship.

at least they removed 2 defaults in selling accounts! :D

I dont not claim to know everything and any advice i give should be treated as MY opinion.

If ive been helpful tip the scales!

or better still

DONATE TO CAG - every tenner helps!