style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5824 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work in a business environment in higher education and have to suffer interminably dull meetings where business terminology - which is largely meaningless - is rife!!

So, in order to amuse ourselves and while away the hours in meetings, conferences and team building exercises, I and my colleagues play Bull***t Bingo!

Land of Surf and Beer - Bullshit Bingo

Click on the above link and tell us what meaningless phrases you have heard lately.

Print a copy of a card off to play at work. You can refresh the card as many times as you like.

I myself am guilty of succumbing to the occasional phrase; the other day I used 'Learning Platform' without thinking (oh, the shame :-?) and when asked to explain the meaning of this could only reply 'Er, Platform 10 I think'.

My pet hates at the moment are:

Herding cats; Tighten our Processes and Granular (what?)

:D

• Haha 3

At the end of the day.

I usually reply, "It gets dark!"

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

How about : 'Lets run this up the Flagpole'

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

It is , but(let me run this past you) - it's a good game for a boring meeting Crusher - where the cliches are flying like confetti...LOL! :lol:

The bottom line is..................:eek:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Aaaaaaargh used the phrase 'think outside the box' several times tonight playing Pool :(

If my posts have helped you please use the scales at the top of my posts :)

Any opinions from Jannercobbler are strictly my own and I have no affiliation with any group or services.

The two most beautiful words in the English Language are "Cheque Enclosed" - Dorothy Parker

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/399-abbey-letter-sent.html

Me v Abbey - £3000 + Int + Costs + Credit File Cleaned.

LBA Sent 12/3/06

Court Claim started - 31/5/2006

Allocation Questionnaire Filed - 24/7/06

Court Date allocated 31/10/2006

Me v Citi-Cards - CCA Sent 27/07/06

Me v Citi-Cards - Data Protection Act Sent 03/08/06

Me v Capital One - Data Protection Act Sent 03/08/06

Me v Hillesden Securities - CCA Sent 03/08/06

Me v Hillesden Securities - DPA Sent 03/08/06

S-a-a-a-a-d-d-! jc :D you'll have to watch your language in future LOL!

Nemo me impune lacessit

LOL - I used to play this as well, and like Crush, was once able to shout 'house' much to the displeasure of everyone else.

My most hated are:

• Touch base - aaarrrggghhh!!!
  • Deliverables
  • Solution (in the wrong context)
  • Customer experience (yeah, like ANY company actually gives a damn)
  • KPI
  • Basically...to me this is just lazy word, meaning I can't be bothered to actually explain...

Oddly, I actually think 'outside the box' is an appropriate and well thought out phrase, and use it a lot...

Damn...just refreshed the game page a couple of times, and I have at least four of those on my CV...just as well I don't need it any more...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Key Performance Indicator , Bookworm - it's lovely to be blissfully unaware of these 'No Brainers' LOL! :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Coffee's OK Bookworm :D

Lunch is for Wimps!

Nemo me impune lacessit

Have managed to complete a card at an all day meeting ... but drew the line at jumping up and shouting 'Bull****'!! :p

Me and the OH play this game, putting expressions together to create meaningless sentences.

His fave is:

Passionate about delivering quality movement of the goalposts on the level playing field.

Mine are:

Benchmarking value added core competencies against the bottom line.

Leveraging the granular knowledge base to maximise high level return on investment.

Absolute twaddle :D Now I wonder if I can get away with putting these sentences into my report? :rolleyes:

Why not PB -

As long as you finish with a bottom line outside the box.........:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Key Performance Indicator , Bookworm - it's lovely to be blissfully unaware of these 'No Brainers' LOL! :D

We used to have the wonders of Key Results Areas and the Joys of the Three Business Pillars

1) Rapid Responsiveness

2) Passionate Reliability

3) Innovative Efficiency

This has now been replaced with the Gyana Mudra where the tips of the upwards pointing fingers symbolise the three guiding principles of our company which are mirrored by the Bhagavad Gita:

Gyan - the principle of knowledge and learning Knowledge

Karma - the principle of dynamic action and entrepreneurial spirit Action

Bhakti - the principle of care, compassion and devotion to a higher purpose Care

Knowledge, Action, Care or Kac (Kack) for short

Apparently by Harmonising with each other, they aspire to form a circle of perfection, peace and happiness.

Oh, an im a research chemist so quite how im supposed to apply this to my job is anyones guess

skb

Edited by skbuncks

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

We used to have the wonders of Key Results Areas and the Joys of the Three Business Pillars

1) Rapid Responsiveness

3) Innovative Efficiency

This has now been replaced with the Gyana Mudra where the tips of the upwards pointing fingers symbolise the three guiding principles of our company which are mirrored by the Bhagavad Gita:

Gyan - the principle of knowledge and learning Knowledge

Karma - the principle of dynamic action and entrepreneurial spirit Action

Bhakti - the principle of care, compassion and devotion to a higher purpose Care

Knowledge, Action, Care or Kac (Kack) for short

Apparently by Harmonising with each other, they aspire to form a circle of perfection, peace and happiness.

Oh, an im a research chemist so quite how im supposed to apply this to my job is anyones guess

skb

That is truly the most incomprehensible bull**** I have ever come across ... can't wait to show it to OH, he'll be shaking his head ... :rolleyes:

:D

1) Rapid Responsiveness

3) Innovative Efficiency

I'm all for Passionate Reliability -;):rolleyes::lol:

Let's have 'Wall to Wall' Passionate Reliability.............LOL!

• Haha 1

Nemo me impune lacessit

I'm all for Passionate Reliability -;):rolleyes::lol:

Let's have 'Wall to Wall' Passionate Reliability.............LOL!

Just had a KAC meeting with my line manager :p

Not much harmonising I'm afraid and I did use 'I hear what you're saying ...' twice ...

... and (I'm ashamed to say it) 'scoping meeting' together with 'scanning the horizon'

Naughty step for me?

:-D

No doubt about it PB - you have been hoist with the volubility of your own verbosity....... LOL!:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Knowledge, Action, Care or Kac (Kack) for short.

skb

That just about sums up just how pointless and inefficient it all is...

skb

...and so does that, but with the added bonus of applying complete and utter crap to complete and utter crap...

Anyway, after reading this thread this morning, and taking into consideration the nature of my current training and trainer (we have discussed Dr Who all week) I felt it was 'within defined operational parameters' to play a game of bullsh*t bingo today...unannounced...I haven't had so much fun for ages, and actually managed to get a full house...

• Haha 1

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.