KeytarVsAbbey STAYED but KeytarVsLloyds HEARING. Same Court, Same Date, Same Text.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Should I appeal the stay?

I submitted both claims on the same date this year at Croydon, and on the same day recieved letters ordering an indefinite stay in my claim against Abbey, and a hearing date for my claim against Lloyds.

I've heard it is £35 to apply for the stay to be lifted - should I try? The Lloyds claim is nearly identical (just different value and statements but same argument) and I have a hearing date to see if a stay should be ordered or if the case can proceed.

I thought the order was unfair because it makes it my responsibility to notify the court of the implications of the test case to get it going again:

QUOTED TEXT:

IT IS ORDERED THAT:

1 . The Claim be stayed until further order to await the decision in the test case, which shall be interpreted to include the outcome of any final appeal or the expiry of time for permission to appeal the first instance decision.

2. The Defendant shall within 28 days of the fianl decision in the test case file at Court and serve on the Claimant a case summary of not more than 500 words setting out the effect of the decision in the test case in relation to this particular claim and their proposed directions.

3. Upon filing of the documents set out in paragraph 2 above, the file be referred forthwith to a resident District Judge to consider directions.

so should I try to get the stay lifted - or could I try and get the order changed to a finite amount of time?

• 2 weeks later...