Can Husband repersent Wife in County Court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A Lay Representative can represent anyone in court as long as the claimant is also present. The claim must be issued in the claimants name and all documents must be signed by the claimant.

In theory you don't have to give the court notice, just inform the court usher on arrival at court. But you can always mention this in 'Other Information' in the AQ or send a brief letter to the court once you have a hearing date. Permission is at the discretion of the court, but is usually granted.

This may be a silly question but would you want to - if you lost it would be your fault...

On a more serious note which track is this case being heard in and what is the hearing for - is it interlocutory or final hearng

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Hi, I have dealt with the issue for my wife from the begi9nning. Its HFO services chasing money owed to Barclaycard, problem is they have refunded the said monies as they were charges, I have told HFO and Their solic's, but they still insist. The funny thing is the account numbers are wrong, only a copy of an application and not a consumer credit agreement. Further more a copy of a leter that they have put forward to the court looks like its been copied and amended, I ahve an original and they do not match. I was thinking of asking the court to look in to this matter? Thanks Gareth

The problem is that the court won't look into it...

Can I ask what stage the proceedings are at.

Technically you need to notify the court of possible perjury - its' then up to the court what it does. In my experience not a lot.I would have thought that the best way to tell the court would be at a hearing.

The letter that they've put forward to the court that they've copied and amended how have they put it forward is it by any chace in a witness statement from a female collections manager at their Solicitors...If it is it may be an idea to complain to the Solicitors Regulation Authority that they are in breach of their duty not to mislead the court - its' just I'm doing that on a case I've got with HFO - well I'm doing the letter of complaint tomorrow...

The other thing of course is that if they've falsified evidence it undermines their evidential credibility...

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, well went to court on the 3rd July 2008, and after teh HFO legal agent gabbing on about interrest and costs, and another 30 minutes teh Judge dimissed teh claim based on the documents showing a credit card application and not a Consumer Credit Agreement, wrong account numbers, dodgey paper work, which I am to follow up, as the copy letters from Barclays were not gen. So all in all a good day.

I have dealt with HFO for a long time and it was good to know how much money they have lost in legal fees and then no win.

To All....if you have an issue with HFO, I am willing to help and assist all I can for you to win.