£12 charges reclaim?

diskmandave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone started action/s or had any success with reclaims of £12 penalties ?

I'm asking because i'm willing to put myself forward as a guinea pig...

Regards... Dave..

Edited by diskmandave

You are claiming on a credit card or a store card. They were nothing to do with the test case. Your claim will be quite straightforward. A great many people have, and continue to successfully reclaim £12 charges.

From the point of view of claiming "late payment" and "over limit" charges, these are automated as industry standard.

As such for a big organisation its a single event in an overall IT billing system which processes millions of calculations, entries and events per month. So your talking a matter of pence.

Manual Intervention sheets can indicate the lack of human activity at a period a charge is involved - thus helping to cast doubt on the £12, £20, £25 etc charges people are unlawfully levied.

Manual Intervention information is requesting in the SAR template on here, though its likely you'll have to push, or even take to court a creditor to get them.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

As Gez states Dave, a lot of users have reclaimed the £12 charge. The credit card provider/store card provider usually won't buckle until court action is taken though.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well, you could check my threads, I have reclaimed from B/card last year(containing both higher and £12 charges) and got settlement from Cap1 last week, ALL £12 charges (where they tried to say that since they were £12 charges, they would pay me back nothing, the fools. :razz:)

Thanks Bookie! :D

Well, I 'phoned "them" a wee while ago and, as I expected got a complete pile of b*ll*cks.

Basically, all charges are automated and it's not possible for them to be wrong.... And just because I didn't get a notice of variation about poker transactions becoming a cash advance attracting the requisite fee doesn't mean that one wasn't sent, and I have to pay all 26 cash advance fee's that I wouldn't have used had I known.... :eek:

I smell a crusade now...... :D

templar-m.jpg

Ohh... It's Vanquis Card btw!