Joanne versus Abbey

joanne.hunt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help?

Abbey are taking my overdraft and have turned down my offer of repayment

does this letter sound ok (thanks livelylad).

Also do i include these letters in my court bundle? not sure if it has anything to do with my claim.

Thank you for your letter dated 18th October 2006. However I am disappointed to see that you will not accept my offer with regards to the overdraft you are withdrawing from me on 1st December 2006. Due to my financial circumstances I feel I have made a fair offer of repayment to the overdraft. I also feel that your actions are a retaliation to the fact that I am claiming for a refund of unfair bank charges.

As your bank charges have contributed to the condition of my account, which is presently in dispute. Any default notice will be strongly contested and also any further charges due to the removal of the overdraft will be added to any future claim, and I will also be informing the Banking Ombudsman.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have not heard from Abbey or DLA Piper for some time. Is it worth me ringing Abbey and saying I was calling to see if it was true that they were no longer dealing with DLA piper as I was a bit worried cos I posted a copy of my AQ to them last week, just to see what they say and if they are aware I am even claiming against them? Thought it might speed things up!!

Rang Abbey and spoke to Christine. She took my name and claim number, and when i said I was worried that I had sent my AQ to DLA Piper and that I had heard they were no longer working for them. She said they will send it on to themselves and as long as I had sent a copy to the courts, all was ok. End of conversation, a bit disappointing really.

Hi Joanne

These are details for Christine Cody at shABBEY irrATIONAL

Christine.Cody2@Abbey.com

Tel: 020 7756 4398 or 020 7756 4306

If i were you id make sure you were in a position to negotiate. You dont want them to think you are desperate and will settle for anything as you will just play into their hands.(This is advice i was given BTW;) ).

So wait for a court date and then perhaps try and negotiate with them nearer to the date. Id keep everything in writing if you think youre a bit crap at negotiating (like me) and come to the site for help on your next move.

You cant really take a shortcut and be impatient. Ive waited nearly 8 months to get to the point im at with my claim and its far from settled.

grABBEY wont care if they dont have to, it buys them time and right now you dont seem to be in a position to make them care. They only seem to react to the legal system and pressures exerted from there so keep going with that.

You may think its quiet on here but im sure many peeps are reading your posts.

Hope ive helped a bit

Good Luck

LIP:grin:

ABBEY

DPALetter received by bank on 100406.

£10 Cheque cashed by shABBEY on 200406.

14 statements received between 8-10 0506.

40 day limit reached on 19/5/06.

LBA sent special delivery on 20/5/06

7 days up on the 270506 for the LBA

Prelim approach for repayment for an estimated amt sent. 14 days up on the 200606.

DPAorder for NON-Compliance served 220606. Expires 060706

Final LBA sent, 14 days will be up on the 060706.

Defence from shABBEY received for DPANon compliance 050706

Financial claim deemed served to shABBEY on the 220706

AQ for DPANon Compliance handed in to court on 24706

Defence and 50% offer for Financial claim received 140806

AQ for Financial Claim received 170806

AQ for finacial claim handed in 010906

Hearing 4 amended claim 270906

Fast track Allocation 270906

Disclosure ordered 191006

shabbey failed to disclose 191006

received a copy of scabbeys AQ yesterday, nothing interesting in it- recommending small claims. I rang our courts to ask how likely the court date will be for this year. She said it will be next year now. Great!! just what we needed to hear before xmas, well certainly in for the long wait now. Court bundles all ready..Just fed up with the whole thing, cant see the end result!!

quick question on behalf of my mum who cannot get in to the forum. She has had letter today stating they will refund approx £1200 as 'gesture of goodwill' but nothing is in her account. Are they not putting it straight in to the account anymore or do they expect you to accept is an end to the matter.

Well, you can qwrite to them accepting their kind offer but you will be persuing them for the rest ;) After then, whether they actually refund the money after that or notis up to them

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Tick, tock, tick, tock - AQ deadline was 30th October. I sent mine and received copy of theirs (not very interesting)- just waiting to hear from the courts now. Hopefully woman on phone I spoke to at courts got it wrong and i might get a date this year. So ready for them. Court bundles and intersting stuff i printed off today!! Come on Abbey - I'm gonna get ya...

• Haha 1

Great - I am reading positive threads today re. other Abbey cases. I dont feel as if I can see the finish line yet. Closing date for the AQ's was the 30th Oct. I have a copy of Abbey's to - still waiting for next step from the courts. Have even tried to negotiate with Christine Cody and she said she will get back to me, however have a feeling she wont bother!! I have decided if she hasn't contacted me by this Friday I will wait for 100%. You would think it was in their best interest to negotiate but they dont seem to get back to anyone, surely time is money..

So fed up with Abbey - I am about £300 past my overdraft which they happen to be taking back on 1st December. i have tried to negotiate claim to get this paid off but nobody bothers to call me back. I wrote them a letter to say that I would pay back £70 a month as I was no longer working. They refused this. I then wrote again and said I felt they were being difficult because I have started court proceedings against them. They wrote back standard s**t and told me they would investigate my complaint. Had to write a guaranteed cheque last week as really got short of cash they have bounced this and requested my cheque book and cards which I expected at some point. I rang yesterday to find out if they had investigated my complaint. Jenny rang me at 16.10 today and said she was in charge of the investigation, then Craig rang me at 17.15 and told me he was, I told him about the previous call and then he said "oh yes I can see now your complaint was resolved at 16.10 today by Jenny and the outcome is in the post". She must be a very clever lady. Anyway just thought I would have a moan while I am still waiting for a court date - Never had a reply off Christine Cody re negotiating a settlement, so looks like I am in for the long haul..gonna be a grim xmas.:(:mad:

Received paperwork from court this morning, advising case allocated to the small claims court on a date to be fixed by the court blah blah blah.

Is this a standard letter from the court?

Is it worth me writing to the judge and asking if he can order Abbey to disclose their calculations? If so are there any templates Im sure I have seen a letter on the site but cant remember where!

started claim back in june and still not received microfiche - claim is estimated. Spk to Christine yesterday and she said as your claim is estimated she has requested the microfiche. Do I have to alter my claim at this late stage if she decides to send the microfiche? When I asked her if she would forward me a copy she said she didnt know what format she would get it in. Does this mean if it is lower than my estimate I will get it if not they wont send it. Surely they cant mess me about now? Any advice appreciated...

Hello Joanne

I don't think I'd bother, yet. Once you've started with your claim, and done your AQ, I think you are better waiting for the court date. As frustrating as it is, you've just got to play the waiting game........

My AQ had to be in for the 7th Nov, so I've been waiting nearly 4 weeks now, so we should really both be getting our dates through for a court hearing very soon, now.

Once you have that court date, I also think it puts you in a better position, as the shABBEY will have to take you more seriously!! Maybe they might even settle your claim on your estimate!!!!!

Phil:)

This is only my personal, honest opinion!