Thames Credit Data Protection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved a phone call last night from thames credit asking for my uncle who does not live with me but has used my home telephone to contact thames credit before, they obviously recorded the no.

Anyway they then asked me several data protection questions, wrongly assuming I was my uncle, I refused to answer the questions and stated that I didn't understand how giving out personnal info would help my data protection when I couldn't actually prove who was on the other end of the line.

They then asked if my name was ******** and if i lived at ****** address, interseted to see how far this would go I grunted a yes, I then asked for my debt balance, account no and date of birth. All were supplied without any problems. I then informed them that I was not my uncle and they had just given out a load of sensitive information without proving my real identity, I was then informed they were allowed to do this and the call had been recorded and they hung up.

I must add that I am helping my uncle with his CCA's and had all this info already and have informed him of this incident.

As I see it they have broken loads of data rules

1) They recorded a personnal no without permission, or finding if that no was indeed my uncles.

2) Gave out loads of info without proving who was on the other end of the line.

3) Recorded the conversation without my knowledge.

Should my uncle complain to the OFT and ICO about this. Would love to hear peoples advice,

Waste of a stamp - unless you've recorded the conversation too & can prove it took place.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.