DPA Request Sent, Abbey here we come.......

DRZ400S
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

743rjfrrE4

I have read with great interest so far in the detail and direction of this forum. I myself will be trying to reclaim approx £1,800.00 in charges over the last six years. I look forward to hopefully finding the support I need from the other like minded members, I would not be acting on this if it was not for the excellent information this site contained Thank's in advance. it could be a bumpy ride just hold on tight. :twisted:

Looks like yours will be arriving with Abbey the same time as mine Nigel (posted on Sat) :D

Best of luck!

Trunny

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

I also sent off my DPA letter on Saturday. Didn't use registered post though (regretting it now as I read that Abbey are particularily bad (good?) as losing letters!) so I'd like to here as soon as you get a response.

I'll start my own thread as soon as I have something to report.

Good luck

I sent mine off last week. Heard nothing yet, but I don't expect Abbey to be in any major rush to reply.

I am concerned that as more and more people send these letter in and try and claim charges back, Abbey (and all banks) will devise some legal way out of this.

I think the only way they'll be able to get out of it is by proving the charges they apply are specifically related to the transaction in question. And as we all know, it doesn't cost £30 to NOT pay a Direct Debit!

Until they take somebody to court and win a case to set a precedent, I think they'll just have to keep paying up.

Abbey

Data Protection Act Request 14th March

Chaser sent 3rd April giving 20 days to respond

Request for Payment and Data Protection Act Failure letter sent 23/05/06

Full statements recieved end of May

Letter Before Action sent 13/06/06.

Claim amount - £1938 plus £288.79 interest

Claim submitted 28/06/06

Ref: 6QZ42158

After sleeping on this for a couple of nights & talking to some friends I don’t think the banks will try & fight back. There’s the water tight argument they what they are doing is blatant overcharging plus the fact that only perhaps 1 in 10 people (basing that on the friends of mine I’ve told) will have the gumption to try and claim back. Most of my friends have taken the “oh, I couldn’t go to court” attitude or are far too worried that their account will be shut down & they don’t have the credit score to open an account with a different bank. Banks have the majority of people either too scared or in too much debt to do anything about it so it’ll pay for them to just pay up & keep this as quiet as possible. Even if 25% of their customers make a 1 time claim & then refuse to pay any future charges they’ve still got 75% of folk being robbed blind & that’s still a very healthy profit.

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

You hit the nail on the head there trundlecat these banks are so large that only 1 in 1000 customers try to claim back, which = large profits for them. I also have spoken to friends + family and they just don't believe that you can claim back so brainwashed by big business. Forums like this are a great source of information to open your eyes to get passed what the companies say you can do. I sent my request letter yesterday as I can only find the last 2 years statements and just on those charges add up to £1800. Have already setup new account, so let the fun begin !!!!!!

You hit the nail on the head there trundlecat these banks are so large that only 1 in 1000 customers try to claim back, which = large profits for them. I also have spoken to friends + family and they just don't believe that you can claim back so brainwashed by big business. Forums like this are a great source of information to open your eyes to get passed what the companies say you can do. I sent my request letter yesterday as I can only find the last 2 years statements and just on those charges add up to £1800. Have already setup new account, so let the fun begin !!!!!!

Phooey69 - welcome to the Group. Can you start a new thread for your claim? It makes it a lot easier to follow.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

To be totally honest with you, even if I had to go to court and lose the very fact that we are fighting the system counts and even if we cannot reclaim OUR money back, hopefully this sort of action at some point will remedy the current bank charging system. at the end of the day we all really want fair charges if any at all. will keep you posted.

Nigel :wink:

You probably will get your money back. But bear in mind, you must be prepared to argue your case in court.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks