very quick stupid question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

not fit for purpose would include a pack of dvds that wont read/write wouldnt it.

just brought pack of 4 dvds from the poundshop (yes i know i shouldnt but unfortunatly the place i ussually get them from and have had no problems with is in a differnt town center and i wasnt paying partners £10 for 5 when i ussually pay £10 for 50)

out of a pack of 4 ONE of the dvds is recognised in the dvd drive, the other 3 buzz a bit then give in, its not the drive cos ive got 2 writers in my computer which are differnt brands and neither of them will read the other 3..

got a feeling they're going to get mardy about an exchange what with it being poundworld/land/under/whatever theyve changed the name to now...

like i said stupid thread but im just blowing off steam as i wante this stuff putting to dvd to work tommorow and the only other way to do it is going to be pen drive and ive only got 4 gigs on that....

and annoyingly while writing this the one disk that would read has given in with a writing error at around 80% and now wont read, while any other written dvds ive got (alot) read fine.........

flipping stupid how can they advertise it as "high preformance capability" and have "create capture save" printed on it when it cant even read it in the first place :-x

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Yes it would.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

You could always ask Trading Standards to make a test purchase and test them (although they would ideally have to be from the same original production batch, and the shop "might" have sold out of them by the time they get around to doing that... IF they do it even).

No harm in going back to shop and explaining to them. You know that ONE of them works, but that is only 25% of what you bought.

I occasionally use their cd'c/dvd's too, and if any are no good, I just bin them, but I agree that when you can get them for peanuts these days off the internet, it's frustrating (and don't forget that when you buy off the internet you have to pay postage on what is quite a heavy item if you buy them in 100's).

Try the shop. I'm sure they they will be reasonable about it.

tbh i dont buy them off the net anymore theres a local computer shop that does the disks a £10 per 50, there the same ones i used to get online for a fiver but seen as i was paying a fiver postage it just works out the same, plus its easyer to return them if they are useless

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I can't post the link (because it would be advertising a commercial company), but are you aware of a company called BigPockets? They have some fantastic deals, but you have to check, because they soon run out, and you are stuck with postage costs still, although if you "bulk-buy" (term used loosely here), it wouldn't be so bad.

I can't see why you would think they will be difficult if you return the product to them.

I have read their terms and conditions and they seem very fair with a lot of reminders about your statutory rights.

Is your fear just guesswork or do you have a valid reason to believe they would not be fair. Have you been in contact with them at all ?

I depends under what circumstances and the reason for doing so that changes a link from information to advertising.

solved it the easy way rolled the chair back to get up and i've just gone over half of them

Please note:

solved it the easy way rolled the chair back to get up and i've just gone over half of them

:D lol - sorry not that funny...but is also!!

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!