Could do with some advice re Abbey collection agency please.

dazed2008
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, over the last year we've had some serious health issues to deal with and alot has fallen by the wayside.

I knew, somewhere in the back of my mind, that a cheque had been returned by the Abbey and that their charges had sent us overdrawn etc.

This has now snowballed to the point that a debt collection agency has called us at home this morning (I had genuinely forgotten about it until that point as Abbey are not our "everyday" bank) and it looks like we suddenly owe them hundreds, have a default on our credit file and are now being chased by a DCO.

Is there anything at all we can do at this stage to try and sort this out. I have tried speaking to Abbey who do not want to listen and tell me that my account is now with a DCO so deal with them...the DCO doesn't want anythign other than the money etc. And we are still left with a default!

Be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

You need to file a dispute with the bank and make the account in dispute and ask for all information relation to your account eg bank statements for past 6 years if you banked with them for this long and if you dont already have the statements and state that you are going to be claiming back your charges they have applied to your account. It will cost you £10 for the bank statements. All information relating to letters and claiming back can be found on this website. As soon as Abbey acknowledge your claim the debt collection agency have to send it back to them with the account being in dispute.

Ladidi