Bank charges claim

Carlp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5825 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm currently claiming bank charges from Abbey National and have sent a letter outlining my request for refund of charges plus interest to date. I then received the standard letter from them stating their position with regards to the waiver that the claim would not be progressed until the test case had proceeded through the appeals stages and had reached a final conclusion. My question is, does the claim now backdate from the time of first contact with Abbey i.e. the date I requested refund of the charges or will I need to continue pushing for the claim to "stop the clock" in effect. If so, at which point would the claim be put on hold and backdated from that date and what would be the next stage?

will I need to continue pushing for the claim to "stop the clock" in effect. If so, at which point would the claim be put on hold and backdated from that date and what would be the next stage?
Any charges from 6 years ago will only be protected from becoming statute barred once you have filed at court

When you complained to the bank they are supposed to log your complaint as started and this will be your start date, regarding the interest you will not get this unless you continue to court at which point your claim will be stayed but in the system and requesting the interest due.

• 3 weeks later...