Charging Orders Petition - Sign it NOW!

FunkyFox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Many people can't get rid or have taken one out.They do not expect interest rates to rise from 0% to 34.9%. If you can't see thats wrong then you must be lucky enough to have plenty of cash.

If your mortgage rate went up to a similar rate, would you be able to just get rid of it?

I do not have plenty of cash, in fact I am self employed and constantly have cash flow problems, especialy in the climate we all face at the moment. I agree with you that an increase from 0% to 34.9% is outrageous and should be stoped, considering what the base rate is at the moment. The problem is that this is rip off britain where the regulators are toothless and spineless, and the government are party, one and all, to big business. My advice to anyone is DO NOT USE CREDIT CARDS to pay for anything if you can not clear the balance at the end of the month.

I am lucky that I claimed back all my charges on both credit cards and bank account in 2006/2007. I used that money, quite a lot of money I will add, to pay off the credit card balances and my overdraft. I then cut up the credit cards and only have a cash card, no overdraft, no debit card, no cheque book etc. Difficult to opporate when you are self employed however a lot better off for it. If I could opporate without a bank account I would, however that is not possible as the government would not be able to know exactly what I earn, shame they do not apply such principles to the super rich, or bankers with mega bonus and pension schemes.

My aim is to try and pay off my mortgage or at least reduce it as much as possible within the next 5 years, exactly because you are correct, I would find it difficult to face huge hikes in interest on my mortgage, and what do you think is going to happen over the next few years?.

This site is designed and run to help people deal with their problems arising from the unfair charges applied by banks, credit cards, and others etc. It is an opportunity to relay your own experiences regarding such matters, give sound advice, and support everyone who are in the same boat. If you have any good ideas as to how to beat these barst**ds then post, If you do not, then just read and get some.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"If you have any good ideas as to how to beat these barst**ds then post, If you do not, then just read and get some."

Read where? I have yet to find any in this thread. It's easy to tell people not to use credit cards, but it's too late for that one. You should 've told people that years ago. Instead of trying to insult people who are genuinely trying to help others,perhaps you could enlighten me to these good ideas you think I should be having.

I am always willing to listen and learn.:)

Your the one who has a lot to say about other peoples comments, your post 200 appears to have been modorated in this thread, I got the full version. This thread is dead and has been for a while and has no relation to credit cards.

I do not own a credit card as I got rid of them at least 2 years ago, times have changed since then, and as I am not looking to get a credit card I have little knowledge of the market at the moment. If my credit card went from 0% to 35% I would be looking for a 0% balance transfer to another card. The problem for me would be my credit rating is in negative equity, so likely would be turned down for such a balance transfer. Next step, claim back all charges for last six years or more, depending on records available to me, and pay that off the balance. Next step, go through the credit agreement with a fine tooth comb, ensure it complies to the letter with all regulations, consumer credit act, UTCCR etc. Next step, make sure that the agreement entered into has all the i`s dotted and t`s crossed, also ask for a copy from the credit provider, if they can not provide one they can not enforce it. And finaly, if late payment charges have been applied and or over limit charges, take to the small claims court and argue with the judge to have the debt struck out due to unfair charges ?. This last one is debateable as the judge has a number of options open to him regarding this, it does depend on weather the creditor is prepared to step into court, and if the debt comes within the remit of the small claims court. If, in the event the debt, does not come within the remit of the small claims court, that may be advantageous to you as full disclosure would be expected in a higher court. As the OFT stated way back in April 2006, because a charge is £12 or below does not mean it is fair, it would be for a judge to decide. It would also be for a judge to decide what action appropriate in such circumstances, he or she would have a number of options available to them. I would argue that an unfair term had been applied to me at a financial cost to me, in such circumstances it is only fair that the debt and all costs related to the said debt should be struck out, as otherwise there would be an unfair obligation on me as the debtor to fulfill my part of the agreement, and none on the lender. In other words, If I breach the agreement I get penalised financialy, however if the agreement contains a term unfair to me the lender still walks away compensated.

Do you want to take it all the way to a court, thats the point, the only way to get justice is through the courts. If you think that 0% to 35% is unfair then take it to the courts. It may not be on just that issue, it may be on a related issue like charges, however the only way to resolve your credit card debts is to, 1) stop using them, and 2) find a way to get the debt written off.

I'm not sure if this has been reported elsewhere on the forum but I thought I'd mention it here.

In this Youtube video from yesterday Gordon Brown confirms that the Courts, Tribunals and Enforcements Act will not be implementing the proposed changes relating to Baliffs and Charging Orders. This is excellent news and the overall tone of the piece seems to indicate that they may well be trying to strengthen debtors postions and ensure good practive.

Excellent news and hopefully this little petition had something to do with it. You never know. Well done to everyone who bothered to sign it.

FF

heyhoooooooooo FunkyFox

wow,,,,,so this is a good move in the right direction,,,,,,

well done all of us,,,,laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Yes read an article on the BBC web site rerlating to this story in the week, not sure it is dead and buried though, maybe put on the back burner while we are in recession, as a lot of bailif action likely in the coming year or two. I think the industry has little or no regulation, just like the banking sector, which has obviously got the attention of our inept politicians.

At least a bit of good news for all those suffering at the hands of unqualified, bogus, and unregulated money collectors. Well done to every one who contributed to this campaign.

Regards bish.

I'm not sure if this has been reported elsewhere on the forum but I thought I'd mention it here.

In this Youtube video from yesterday Gordon Brown confirms that the Courts, Tribunals and Enforcements Act will not be implementing the proposed changes relating to Baliffs and Charging Orders. This is excellent news and the overall tone of the piece seems to indicate that they may well be trying to strengthen debtors postions and ensure good practive.

Excellent news and hopefully this little petition had something to do with it. You never know. Well done to everyone who bothered to sign it.

FF

many of us know this & since hearing the news the general consensus is that it's now't to do with common sense but more like there's an election imminent

;)

ah well like joncris has said,,ref voters are now needed,,,,,,,,,lol

maybe now it is the time to visit all our local councilors and lay down our concerns and tell them that if they manage to amend stuff and look into the difficulties we are facing, and assure me that things will change they may just get my vote,,,, ;)

who am i supposed to vote for anyway,,,, the country is in such a mess,

just my little moan today,,,laters angel x

sorry

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D