jellybabe v Studio Cards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am about to send teh following email to studio.It would be great if anyone could let me know if i can send it like that:

Dear Sir/Madam,

repeatedly i asked you to explain why there has been ppi added to my account on some months,when on others there hadn't.I repeatedly told you that i have never requested it, and of course did get no response of you about this matter.Therefore i make following request to you:

ACCOUNT NUMBER: *********

Dear Sir/Madam,

With reference to the above numbered account held with your catalogue, please supply me with a copy of my signed contract relating to this account.

I am sure that you are aware that you have a legal obligation under the Financial Services Act to provide its customers with copies of any transaction concerning their account, which includes the original contract that opened the account, and that it is a breach of the Financial Services Act to refuse any such request from the account holder.

I look forward to receiving the copy of my signed contract in due course.

You are obliged by Law to supply me with the above within 12 days of receiving this request.And if you take longer than 30 days to supply me with the above you are committing a criminal offence.

Yours faithfully,

Thaaaaaaaanks

hi there,

they've been quicker than me.LOL.

Received my cheque this morning.But they didn't pay me the interest, as they say this only relates to service charges as i chose to pay by installments.

But, i don't think that is right, as i only tried to claim the interest relating to the charges, not the whole interest they charged me.

Mmh, not quite sure if to persue that or not now?

Anyway, good luck with yours.Studio have been a bit stubborn, but overall quite good and reasonable.

I even got my account closed, as i wished.Well, at least they say so.We'll see.

Personally chick I wouldn't bother, just be glad to see the back of them. We're not allowed to slag them too much on here as it comes back on the site but I for one am glad to never have anything to do with them ever again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

My opinions are just that, I will help if I can but I am NOT a professional. If in doubt seek legal advice.

READ THE FAQ'S BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION! THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON! AS IS THE USER-GUIDE!

My active claims:

Owed £150 from Barclays.

Husbands claims:

Owed £1049 from Lloyds.

Glorious Victories!:

Barclays Joint Account- Settled £823.

HSBC Joint account-Settled £50.

Studio- Settled £80.

HSBC Student account- Settled £560.

Lloyds Credit Card- Settled £72.

Freemans- Settled £40.

Abbey Joint Account- Settled £330.

Waiting till all claims settled then Donation-A-Rama.

:D

• 2 months later...

Just found out that Studio haven't updated my credit file yet to it's truthful state.

Is anyone out there that could maybe help me with the wording of a letter to demand amendment of credit file??

I am German, and am not to good in wording letters like that in english.

Any help appreciated.

anyone?

i did give it a try.Maybe someone can tell me if i can send it like that or not, please?

Dear Mr D Rapson,

May i thank you again for settling my claim for repayment of charges out of Court.

However, i have noticed that my Credit record has not been updated yet to it's truthful state. You are obliged by Law to show the true conduct of account on those credit files.I therefore demand immediate amendment of my credit file.Late payment markers and adverse information needs to be removed immediately.

I require you to do this within the next 21 days.

Yours Sincerely,

• 3 weeks later...

i did amend my above letter and sent the following to studio:

I have noticed that after settlement of my claim, my Credit record has not been updated yet to it's truthful state.

Under the Data Protection Act 1998 any data recorded about me is required to be accurate; the notice on my Credit Reference Files is not accurate and can only be changed by you. I therefore require you to make the necessary adjusments with the relevant agencies within the next 14 days, and confirm such action to me in writing.

Those 14 days are up on mon, and i am not sure what my next step would be regarding my credit file.

No letters received of studio regarding my letter nor has the credit file been updated yet.

please anyone???

The account will stay on your record for a total of six years after it's closed; and if all it shows is a couple of late payments, then you'd be as well to let it drop even if it IS inaccurate; that will hardly mark you out as a bad debtor. When it gets to a red 5 or 6, THEN you start to worry a bit... and if anything shows an 8 (Defaulted) then you have a problem. As it is, I think that this is reasonably normal.

Thanks StoneLaughter, i received a letter today of Studio :

Thank you for your recent letter which has been forwarded to my attention.

Please be advised that on our next update to our credit reference agencies your details will be amended and i can confirm that no adverse payment details will be held as a result of this matter.

Once again please accept my most sincere apologies in this and trust all matters relating to your complaint have now been resolved.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Yours sincerely,

Mr D Rapson

I'll have to admit he is very nice and straight forward to deal with.

I just hope they do what they say.

I've had a result after all:D